Hey there everyone.
Far be it from me to stand in your way before another exciting weekend kicks off but before you run away screaming for joy at the top of your lungs, I have another treat for you to savour, this time with an author who has penned many different books in a variety of genres.
It gives me the greatest pleasure of introducing to you all multi-genre author Robert K. Swisher Jr. Let’s hear what he has to say and as always, enjoy the show, have a fantastic weekend folks.
Hi there Robert, thank you for being here to talk about your amazing stories and helping us to get to know you better as an author.
Thanks for having me.
Let’s start with your novels themselves. You have quite a few of them across multiple genres, including Young Adult, Historical, Mystery, Fantasy, Western, Crime and thrillers! Please give us a brief description about each of your works and their themes, their story arcs and the overall premises sitting behind them.
In the mid 60’s, I starting writing poetry and after placing several hundred and getting a dollar each I wrote short stories. I placed many short stories within literary magazines. I then started writing novels – modern novels set in the west. I was lucky and placed four with a small publisher in New Mexico. Now after 45 years, I have placed 18 traditionally published novels and I have 8 indies published too. They are on my website and Facebook Author Page.
Out of all of the genres you have written in with your books, which one is your favourite and what particular qualities do you enjoy the most about it?
I have several ideas at a time and when I start a book after a few weeks I know if I can finish it or not. I have several I have been working on for over five years. I think the book picks me not the other way around.
If any of your novels were to be made into films (or even a TV series), who would you cast in the lead roles?
My novel THE LAND was optioned for 3 years but they could not raise the millions to do the movie. I could see myself playing the lead.
What do you find the most difficult thing about writing? And what do you find the easiest?
For me there is nothing easy about writing – maybe typing the title – the rest is work.
Who are some of the authors and historical figures that inspire you?
I read everything – chick lit, mysteries, humor, horror, westerns, non-fiction…but for all time I would have to say Marquez – author of 100 YEARS of SOLITUDE
What sort of research do you do to write your books?
I have lived my books.
Why do you write? What inspired you to become a writer?
I write because it is all I ever wanted to do – to keep my addiction I have held over 60 part time jobs not counting a stint at teaching a writing class that goes against the grain of what most writers are taught. Part of the class is in my next book GRAMMAR NAZIS ARE NOT ALWAYS WRITE…
What keeps you motivated during creative slumps? How do you deal with Writers Block?
Bourbon and good beer.
You have access to a time machine. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Do not be in a hurry to get published.
How do you spend your free time when you are not writing?
I like to fish and my wife & I enjoy going on train trips.
Tell us more about your upcoming projects. Are you working on anything specific or have plans in the pipeline?
I mentioned the writing book but I have one be edited about an old cowboy riding around a modern ranch talking to his horse that goes from WWII to now – epic. And I am working on a sequel to my sarcastic fill in the blank book VENT – which to toot my own horn was just reviewed by Midwest Book Review (a funny sarcastic look at modern life).
Finally, are there any nuggets of wisdom that you can impart to other aspiring writers?
Don’t give up, writing is not an easy game, and write what you enjoy writing.
And that’s a wrap! Thanks for stopping by Robert and giving us the heads up on your writing craft, we look forward to exploring your works further across all of your many genres 🙂
Robert K. Swisher Jr. has been writing contemporary fiction since 1967. During this time 14 of his novels were published by traditional publishers ranging from young adult, contemporary, to historical fiction. Seven of these books are still in print of which three have been converted to e-books.
He has received reviews from Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, and many others. Over the past several years he has gone indie and released a highly acclaimed four book comedy mystery series, Bob Roosevelt and Pea Brain his snide guardian angel – A BUCKET FULL OF LIES, TROUT FISHING FOR BODIES, DOUBLE BOGEY MURDER, and, FROGS DON’T CROAK IN THE WINTER.
A funny golf book – CONVERSATIONS WITH THE GOLF GOD. An off center love story – HOW BRIDGE MCCOY LEARNED TO SAY I LOVE YOU. And two literary novels – HOPE and A CIRCLE AROUND FOREVER.
Swisher’s novels can be found on Amazon, Author Central, Facebook, and Goodreads.
You can connect with Robert on the following Social Media channels:-
Facebook:- Robert K. Swisher Jr. – Author (FB)
Goodreads:- Robert K. Swisher Jr. (Goodreads Author)
LinkedIn:- Robert K Swisher Jr – Author (LinkedIn)
Twitter:- @robert_swisher (Twitter)
Website:- Swisher Books – The unusual pursuit of words
You can buy his books here:-
If you too would like to be interviewed on my blog at TooFullToWrite and you have a book or a series of books that you would like us to chat about then fill out the Contact Me form here with your details and we can arrange a future interview slot.
Still want more? Well, Robert has written a massive number of books across the course of his literary journey and continues to release more to this very day. For more articles on the theme of ‘Massive’ then check out the links below:-
1. Massive – law abiding brunette
2. RANDOM MONDAY: TALES FROM MY FORESKIN – Grief Poetry
3. Birthday Bash – travel387
4. y – i love you more
5. y – this is a riding
6. “A Journey’s expectation.” – Nomadic Adventurer
7. Iya mi – Aweni
8. Relax & Unwind – atrangizindagieksafar
9. Samantha Linda – Glaciers etc.
10. What’s Your Banner? – Stew Rd.
11. Shallow Waters Run Deep – The Harlem Experiment
12. Kimberlee K. – A Lesson in Courage from the Real Moana
13. Mayhem Or Ecstasy? – Poem (Part III) – Thunder Poet
14. Harcourt 51 – Massive
15. There Are More Poets than Stars in the Firmament – how do you spell that?
16. Le Drake Noir – Learning life the wet way
17. simply.cindy – Ten Marketing Tips for Indie Authors
18. Telling the Truth – bleak building revisited
19. My Personal Blog – Massive Universe
20. On Colours – november child
21. A 4-year degree from a University might not be the best choice – Savvy Geekmom
22. THE SWEET, LITTLE PERCEPTION – thepunkpenblog
23. Movies and You – World Through My Eyes
24. What’s up Maddy – Planning a new project
25. Caprice – Mac’s World
26. Angry – Girl Writing
27. The Anonymous Life – Arcology: Massive Structures of the Future
28. Faith Unlocked – No Stone Shall Remain
29. Eden of Knowledge – Massive Work
30. A Texan’s View of Upstate New York – Snow, Snow, Go Away!
31. Massive bronze giants – Run and Travel
32. Mum’s the Word – artiche
33. Success Inspirers World – The Gentle Giants
34. Oiseaux Words – sleeper agents
35. massive – erintypes
36. Strings of color – kittysverses
37. Uniqueness of Musicals – Meg’s Magical Musings
38. Discovery – Every Corner a Story
39. Massive – DinamicDynasty
40. Massive: Prompt – And so it starts…
41. another quiet muse – Ego…
42. microscopes & mountain hills – Tiny Fawns Writings
43. Wandering Gaze – The Muslim Literati
44. witchlike – Pog mo thoin
45. The Gentle Giants – atrangizindagieksafar
46. Massive – The Inkwell
47. The World As We Know It. – motionosphere
48. Radically Distinctive – Massive
49. Nattydread2009’s Blog – Where Does It End
50. The Massive Bugs – DeepikasRamblings
51. A massive dream – Sreeblogs
52. logicaldreams – Drabble: Cornered in a Corner
53. The Growing Gap – Leigha Robbins
54. Mountain Climber – Debbie Gravett
55. In the midst of Massive desires – rupalislale
56. Toortsie, Kameel en Bokbaaivygie se blog – Ek vorder!
57. helen meikle’s scribblefest – Daily prompt: More ‘trivial’, really
58. Following Him Beside Still Waters – Side View of a Massive Spider
59. Massive – HOMELESS & HAPPY
60. XingfuMama – The weight of my worries
61. Best sitcoms! – Truer than true
62. It’s who we are…right? – Just Fred in Wyo
63. Shark tank massive – fades in…
64. Drifting… – Random Thoughts and Musings
65. Living In Crimson – Time Travel
66. tylershepard1991 – Word of the day – massive
67. Daily Prompt:Massive – The Bag Lady
68. The View From My Window – Being Fifty-Something and 20 Things I’ve Learned
69. juantetcts – Massive
70. Lost in translation… – Mums the Word Blog
71. Daily Post- Massive – All About Writing and more
72. Massive Moving Mayhem – Being Lydia
73. River: Corporation or Living Being? – thinkinkadia
74. Self-Processing, the INFJ Way – awesomeloopy
75. MISPLACED PEACES – Massive Impact
76. Just Send Me to Telluride. Please! – kindergartenknowledge.com
77. Massive Upgrade: Letting Others Lighten Your Load – Braver Than Before
78. A Tribute to Julia Cameron – Spiritual Guru and Author of the Aritst’s Way – Jacki Kellum
79. Ladyleemanila – Massive – Daily Prompt
80. March 16 – My 365 Life
81. Massively But not Wholly Modular Minds – WazirNama
82. Christie & Adam: Another Day On The Road – Rexine Rawhead
83. themomfred – You + Me > Me
84. A Caregiving Marriage – RV Fantasy
85. Ouch!! My back hurts!! – Massive Floral Fun!
86. The Country House Murder – Dreams from a Pilgrimage
87. Laurel Grove loves… – Tis grand to be Irish – it’s the berries!
88. Massive Effort – aroused
89. Massive – Mick E Talbot Poems
90. Zachary W Gilbert, Author – Animator / Writer / Warrior
91. FutureNet-Special – Theo Herbots FutureNet
92. B_ live – Street Art
93. WOTD: Massive (a poem) – In the Abstract
94. Autism in Our Nest – 5 Benefits of Theater Class for High Functioning Autism
95. On the Edge – April’s Perspective
96. Tangled Webs – This is Gonna Take a While
97. manvsloneliness – Day 251: The Man and the Space on the Bookshelves; ‘Massive’
98. Scarlett Sauvage – Haiku: Massive
99. Massive Heart – On a mission
100. Invisible Illnesses – Massive – Daily Prompt
101. Life of a ChickPea – Nerves concerning this weekend
102. The Abject Muse – Out of the Family
103. Na’ama Yehuda – Biggest in his eyes!
104. Sticks & Stones–Words do break bones! – Why Weight?
105. Frank Prem – The hat that won the cup
106. Massive Sigh – Live Free & Love On Purpose
107. Iro+Co – How To Make A Massive Improvement To Your Blogs – Digital Marketing Blog
108. I wrote a book. Now what? – Accommodate and contain perplexed
109. Cimmerian Sentiment – #9 Sweet Icing
110. Moving – Yowza, Here We Go!
111. Massive Tragedy: A trump presidency – Wanna Read My Mind
112. Success of Sorts – Live Free & Love On Purpose
113. Writing with Spirit – Was This Teaching Thing All a Mistake?
114. Massive – Wings Of Poetry
115. 83 Unsung Heroes – Good Vibrations : Connections
116. Turn That Radio Up – The Lazy Song
117. Suddenly Single in Marin – Online Dating: Big Mistakes?
118. Chapter 4: True Betrayal – stephentotheplate
119. My massive is not Your massive; – A Place to learn and grow together
120. Strategizing Nature – a moment teller’s
121. The Cat Chronicles – Daily Feline Prompt: Massive Feline
122. Allegory of the Giants – A Place to Remember
123. Life with Jess – Great Things
124. Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss – Daily Feline Prompt: Massive Feline
125. Lost Property Repository – Chequered Flag: Crossing the line
126. C’est La Vie – KhaoticEuphoria
127. The Romantic Quill – TUSH
128. Changing the Course of History – Looking For It
129. Cahlas Tawkin – Choose the fun bus!
130. Healed of Cancer. Angela McCauley – The Influence of St Patrick is Massive
131. Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss – Massive work today with the camera
132. Chaos Theory hides Trump incompetence – Your Nibbled News – 2017 YNN
133. Dam Right it’s Massive – AdashofJhaee
134. Just Brittany Moments – Massive NYC Snow Day!
135. Travel can help you be your best self – art of being fabulous
136. Mainline_Matter – Massive Workcenter
137. Massive- Daily Prompt – Shereena Badu
138. Life, More Than Existence. Massive – Life, more than existence!
139. Siena Writes Things – Massive
140. Massive Chaos OR Massive Knowledge! – Islamic Methodologies Made Easy
141. Massive, mighty and marvelous – Self Evolve
142. The Well-Informed Namer – Classic Rock Baby (Sur)names
143. Massive, mighty and marvelous – Self Evolve
144. Horse Procession in Hakendover – Groeten Uit Tienen en omgeving
145. The Windmill Tilter – A Haiku (gesundheit)
146. Humayun’s tomb – Don’t hold your breath
147. Cinquain// Massive /Suzhalgal
148. inspiration – Small things but massive impact…
149. Massive – wordsareallihavesite
150. The Pleas Of A Guarded Heart – Specscladeyes
151. How can you so massive be so light? – Scattered Showers in a Clear Sky
152. mycreatorscreation – A Massive Lie
153. Martha L Shaw – When You Trust
154. Massive – The Mind of Nox
155. The Consulting Writer – Halfwit Horticulturist: They’re….Massive
156. LifeBlog – MASSIVE PRODUCTION IS PROFITABLE!
157. We Learn, We Grow – Dream Desire Achieve
158. Jai’nanigans – Enough already
159. SERENDIPITY – MASSIVE AND MIGHTY
160. massive – sanctuary
161. Rising From The Ashes – The Glitters Of Life
162. Underground Massive. – psychonomadblog (Prose, Poems, Musings)
163. I BOW DOWN TO TIME – Rainbow
164. Science Traveler – Experiencing the Terra Cotta Warriors of Xi’an – Part I
165. A Daily Dose- Massive – On the Wing
166. Hot White Snow – Molly Malone and the Donkey Head
167. Isabel Caves – Vignette: The Fine Print
168. Covert Novelist – Massive
169. Five Little Angels part 45 – Elaine’s Life and Apartment Living
170. My Miracle Metal (Daily Word Prompt is Massive) – My Loud Bipolar Whispers
171. Massive – live to write
172. How to: Treat a Massive Hangover – Combat Medic
173. Tienen (Frans: Tirlemont) City in Belgium – Groeten Uit Tienen en omgeving
174. Tit for tat? – The Giggles
175. The Oil Life – Massive
176. Musings of a Random Mind – Beyond Forgetting
177. Am I My Brother’s Keeper? – jansten56
178. Branching Out – Massive
179. Disrespect? – emotionsoflife2016
180. Amy’s Story: Part 5 – Creepy Reflections
181. Laidig’s Broadway – Getting It Done
182. Massive Sea Monsters and Pain – Light in Colorado
183. Casting Away Stones – I’m a Writer, Yes, I Am!
184. The last poem I will write (that is a massive lie)
185. Charron’s Chatter – iMatter
186. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown – Zit Solution
187. I’m not a writer, I’m a reader: Day 3 – Reactionary Tales
188. mylocalweb – WP massive attack
189. LadyLebz – MY PERSONAL STORY ON INTERRACIAL FRIENDSHIPS
190. Madeline Scribes – Are you wondering about privacy and social media?
191. LadyLebz – JOBS PREDICTED TO BE HIGH IN DEMAND IN AFRICA
192. Mustard Seeds and Mites – As I was saying…
193. My Love For Her is Massive – Up Before Dawn
194. Miss Pelican’s Perch – A Little Preview of April
195. Massive (100 Word Story) – LAW OF THE LETTER
196. Massive Outflow – Rhyme In Time
197. A Mixed Multitude – wordplay – for the love of M
198. sonja benskin mesher – . it is a daily prompt .
199. Telling the Truth – bleak building
200. SPM Results – Zeckrombryan
201. Massive – Emotions That Matter.
202. Sagesse :|: Oblige – Wear Your Size