Hey there everyone, so good of you to join us once more again.
Just a quick note before we get started properly. I link to a lot of other articles in my posts, so WordPress users please check your Spam folders in your Setting Menus and approve any links/pingbacks that you find from me to improve the visibility of your own blog posts, as well as mine, it’s a win win for us both 😉
Tonight, I have the pleasure of speaking to another very talented multi-genre author for the Author Interview series, as we delve into the worlds that she weaves with aplomb.
May I introduce to you all JoAnne Myers and let’s get cracking sharing her writing experiences, have fun reading folks 🙂
Hi there JoAnne, fantastic to have you over here to discuss your creative endeavours and also to help us to get to know you a little better too.
Let’s start with your books themselves. You write true crime, mystery, paranormal, fantasy and poetry. Can you tell us a bit more about each of your novels, their plots/themes and the adventures that we will be taken on when we dive into them.
Poems About Life, Love and Everything in Between – a collection of personal thoughts and feelings written with love and respect for others.
The Crime of the Century – a horrific double homicide that forever scarred a small Ohio town, and took nearly 30 years to solve. A case where everyone was a suspect.
Murder Most Foul – solving a double homicide for F.B.I. agent Walker Harmon proves to be pure murder when he becomes the prey.
Flagitious – Shhhhh….not all monsters are 4-legged. 4-tales of sins and secrets. Don’t trust anyone.
Twisted Love – a collection of true cases filled with obsession, lies, lust, sexual depravity, secrets, and murder.
Wicked Intentions – Why won’t the dead leave the living alone? Don’t trust what you can’t see….or else.
Loves, Myths, and Monsters – We all have a little animal in us right? Don’t let beauty blind your judgement.
Regarding your poetry and focusing on your collection “Poems About Life, Love and Everything in Between”, how does a poem begin for you? Does it start with an image, a form or a particular theme?
It begins with a feeling of some sort. I’ve been elated, devastated, depressed, angry, frightened, and every emotion in between. I write what I feel and hope others enjoy it.
Are there any poetic forms you haven’t tried yet but would like to?
No. I don’t care to write to “forms”. I prefer to write what comes from my heart and head.
How important is accessibility of the meaning of your poems?
I want readers to understand my poems and even feel they or parts of them intertwine with their life in some way.
Should we have to work hard to “solve” the poems and discover their deeper meanings?
I don’t want anyone to struggle with my poems. Reading poetry is an activity of enjoyment and tranquillity.
Has your own opinion or idea of what poetry is changed since you first started writing poetry?
Not really. There are many types of poetry and no wrong or right form. Its whatever the individual enjoys.
If any of your novels were to be made into a film (or even a TV series), who would you cast in the lead roles?
That’s a tough question. If I had to choose it would be Kate Winslet for Murder Most Foul, and her leading man would be Clive Owen.
For “The Love of Ginny” which is a story within my book, “Loves, Myths, and Monsters”, it would be Sophie Turner and John Snyder.
What would you choose as your own personal mascot or spirit animal when it comes to you and your style of writing?
I think it would be the owl. An animal of wisdom and patience.
What do you think most characterizes or defines your writing?
I’ve been told I have a unique writing style. I believe that stems from my not being good at proper grammar. Like now. LOL I probably should answer that question like this: I’ve been told I possess a unique writing style. I believe that stems from being inadequate at grammar.
Do you have any writing quirks or themes that constantly crop up in your stories?
I hope not. I want my stories to be distinctive from one another.
What do you find the most difficult thing about writing?
Coming up with new plot twists that haven’t been used by any writer.
And what do you find the easiest?
The story line, and then everything else flows from that.
Who are some of the authors, poets and/or historical figures that inspire you?
Ann Rule, Gregg Olsen and Aphrodite Jones.
What sort of research do you do to write your books?
With my true crime books, “The Crime of the Century”, and “Twisted Love”, I gathered my facts from court documents, newspaper articles, witness and police reports, autopsy reports, and word of mouth from persons who knew the victims. For my paranormal book, “Wicked Intentions” I came up with those stories in various ways; newspaper articles, folk tales, paranormal cases from documentaries, and just pure imagination. My “Murder Most Foul” and “Flagitious” detective/mystery books, were based on true crimes, but flourished with my imagination.
Why do you write?
I write because I must. It’s the only activity that keeps my interest.
What inspired you to become a writer?
I have enjoyed art since childhood. It always came easy to me. Some people are good at dancing, or playing a musical instrument. For me it’s always been writing and canvas painting.
What keeps you motivated during creative slumps?
If I have a creative slump I just back off from writing until I find motivation. The slumps don’t last long, because something always comes along to motivate my brain.
How do you deal with Writers Block?
I just take a break from writing and concentrate on something else I enjoy such as sewing, or watching TV.
You have access to a time machine. What advice would you give to your younger self?
To concentrate on a college education before starting a family. I am now attending Mediatech Institute in Farmers Branch, TX., majoring in Recording Arts. My graduation is December 15th 2017. I hope to work in the music industry at some level.
How do you spend your free time when you are not writing?
I belong to a local gym. I write lyrics in the genres of hip hop, country, contemporary pop, and heavy metal, that I hope to sell to artists or bands. I site see and Dallas has a lot going on. I also go to concerts in support of local bands that I follow.
Tell us more about your upcoming projects. Are you working on anything specific or have plans in the pipeline?
Yes my WIP is a sequel to Murder Most Foul, entitled “Murder Most Foul 2” Batya. This book has F.B.I. Agent Walker Harmon, called from retirement by the Vatican to rescue a very special young girl, Batya, kidnapped by Satan. This book involves supernatural elements. I am also involved in being an extra in music videos and commercials. An adventure I hope will go places.
Finally, are there any nuggets of wisdom that you can impart to other aspiring writers?
Yes, to never give up. If your passion is writing, then stay with it and the readers will come.
And that’s a wrap! Thank you for sharing all of your writing and creativity endeavours with us, good luck with everything and we look forward to checking out more of your books and paintings 🙂
JoAnne currently resides in Dallas, Texas.
Besides having 7 novels under her belt, JoAnne canvas paints, and writes lyrics in the genre of alternative/punk.
You can connect with JoAnne via the following Social Media channels:-
Facebook:- JoAnne Myers – Author, Lyricist, Painter (FB)
LinkedIn:- Author, Canvas Artist, trained Cosmetologist, and Audio Engineering student (LinkedIn)
Twitter:- @scooterismine (Twitter)
Website:- Home of author and artist JoAnne Myers
You can buy her books here:-
If you too would like to be interviewed on my blog at TooFullToWrite and you have a book or a series of books that you would like us to chat about then fill out the Contact Me form here with your details and we can arrange a future interview slot.
Still want more? Well, JoAnne’s wonderful mantra in life has always been that she believes in following your dreams. For more articles on the theme of ‘Believe’ then check out the links below:-
1. Unbelievable but true – Easy Reading
2. pennyforyourthotsblog – Believe
3. One more day! – Keep On Moving
4. Look What I Woke To … – Branching Out
5. Travel Stories Untold – A Touching Travel Experience In Paris
6. Exploring the World around us – Supreme Power
7. Hope! Very Complicated at the same time Very Very Simple! – KT Simple Silly
8. A Diary of A Single Man: Love & The Foolish – Harlem Cafe
9. Positivity Post: Silliness – Positively Un-broken
10. Life in a Few Words – Unfounded Belief: A Soliloquy
11. Believe – Prompts – The Daily Post – 36 Months A Student
12. Adopting Jerry – Melinda J. Irvine
13. Maintaining Motivation – Health & Fitness Corner
14. Sight of Life – Festive of Lights – Diwali – Have Green Diwali
15. mydailylife@kochi – Believe
16. A Momma’s View – Believe
17. Sight Unseen – memoriter
18. Forgiveness – Embracing Life
19. MULIEBRAL VIEWPOINT – DARING THE DINOSAURS AND DRAGONS
20. logicaldreams – Short Story: Belief
21. The Romantic Quill – Wednesday Reflections #28 – Bad Luck Bride by Janna MacGregor
22. Believe – Bits and Pieces
23. Abuse 101: Offenders, Other Scary Men (People), Politics and other Stuff – Growl for Justice
24. Believe – Angelic Hands
25. Beliefs and Values – E. Denise Billups, Writer
26. I believe – Little Red Lamb
27. Scent of Rina – I believe in…
28. The Holly Tree Tales – Poetry At The Holly Tree Tales
29. NATURE SPEAKS, A LESSON OF LIFE – Rainbow
30. Falling out of Love With the Wrong Person – Shelby’s Starlit Crossing
31. Cloud 9 – Analysis of the September Diary
32. hopeforheather – Believe (10/9/17)
33. Trickle down economics – The big con? – Easy Reading
34. Believe, Belief, And More… – Angelin Veronica
35. Awaken the Dawn – Candace A. Jones Ministries
36. “Fashionable Beauty.” – Expedition Overlanding Nomadic Adventures
37. Momentum of Jo – For Those Left Behind
38. Myammy! Moving in together at 50… – Today is not April 1
39. Angels. They Exist. In Us. – Dame Traveller
40. Hardcore – Around the World
41. Convenience – The Chaos Within
42. do u believe? – Stories
43. Believe – WhiteRiceGirl
44. Believe It – On a mission
45. Daily Prompt. Faith – Rosevoc2’s Blog
46. theempathyqueen – Believe Beyond Reason
47. RETHINK THE NEWS – NADJA
48. A tea party for ghosts – Sarahs Crazy Mind
49. heart + need + believe – tuckedintoacorner
50. Swell Time – Question who you are
51. Do you Believe – DeepikasRamblings
52. Sleepy Slurs: Topsy Turvy, Layman’s anxieties – Quiver and Quill
53. Write Away – Tink News
54. The Cabin – By Sarah
55. All That I Know – By Sarah
56. Winning – By Sarah
57. One Moment In Time – andsoitisborn
58. Hope – The Pescetarian Poet
59. sonja benskin mesher – ..washing cloth..
60. Never Silence the Madness – The war between what I “believe” to be true
61. Believe in yourself – Edwin’s Journal
62. Till The Little Devil Jumps Out – The Flittering Soul
63. The Pradita Chronicles – Thirty Seconds Tales #16 – The Choice
64. Toortsie, Kameel en Bokbaaivygie se blog – 10 October is barefoot day
65. Believe – Leigha Robbins
66. Scream For Your Life – Karuchan
67. The Home Of DJ Sung Mo Koo – Reason To Believe
68. helen meikle’s scribblefest – Emily’s word: Bougainvillea
69. I Believe… – One Stone Away…
70. Daily Prompt : Believe – Tower of Pathos
71. Light Motifs II – Believe
72. The Hockey Mom Fit Life – Believe
73. Cee’s Black & White Photo Challenge: All Things Farm Related – The Chicken Grandma
74. Warm the Soul – Wind Kisses
75. Margret’s Life Journey! – I Believe
76. Do you believe? – Oh, border!
77. From Belief to Knowledge: The process of growing older – Smudges on my Mirror
78. I believed – Cyranny’s cove
79. If You Believe – hannah t.k.
80. copypower – Believe in Yourself
81. Kill the Doubt that Strangles my Self-worth (An account of a Depressive Episode) – Damnit, Why Didn’t I Think Of That
82. Never A Worry – [O.C.T.O.B.E.R. VI-9] Believe
83. precious Pinocchio – whimsical mayhem
84. a cooking pot and twisted tales – Believe…
85. Think, believe, dare, dream… – Mum’s the Word Blog
86. Netdancer’s Musings – Daily Prompt – Believe
87. Get Out of that Comfort Zone, Now – Sara Khan – Mission WUNITT #Day8
88. Do you believe or do you know? – Mindflight
89. the princess, the pirate, and the prince – sunflower skeletons
90. COW PASTURE CHRONICLES – I Believe
91. Harvey Weinstein: Wrong Side of History – A Place for my thoughts
92. Monday Musings – Fearless
93. Cleanse – authoranonblog
94. A Dabble in Haiku – Tea, Wine, and Cheese, Please!
95. imagination – What does nelkumi think?
96. The Examined Life – In The Midst Of The Storm
97. I still believe – Zombie Ministry
98. Live Free 2 Sail Fast – 171009- Columbus Day
99. Walk with God – Without a Doubt
100. For YOU – Daily haiku, with a poetry lesson(s)
101. Make me believe.. – Written Frames
102. Overcooked Butterball turkey explodes – Your Nibbled News – 2017 YNN
103. Scene: Silver Lining – MindEscapes
104. Believe – Arbie Krae
105. The Mission Life: Serving in the Red Area – The Drama Queen Can Tell Stories
106. shopping with people – other
107. Belief is only part of the puzzle – koolest1uknow
108. Inktober Day 9 – Hook—Line—Sinker
109. Emily K. Martin – Twenty Things
110. Against the Odds – Love and Life
111. The Iceberg Illusion – Theo Herbots Blogger, Website-Creator, MLM
112. Will Trump Ever Go Away? – A lot from Lydia
113. Mothers of Greatness – Believe In Yourself
114. The anxious battle for sanity..
115. I believe in yesterday – Scattered Showers in a Clear Sky
116. Bajezen – The Power Of Thoughts
117. I Do Believe in Spooks – A Unique Title For Me
118. Razzle Dazzle – 25more
119. Ema’s Journal – Imagine
120. Apostles’ Creed – Sew Chicmum Knitz
121. This Depression is Kicking my Butt – my life, my portfolio
122. Rain Rain Go Away! – The Mind of Nox
123. My Creed! – bookyglover
124. Believe – The Long and Short Stories of Life
125. Binge eating and other overeating – What do you believe causes yours? – Bird Flight
126. Nan’s Farm-Inside Out – A little of what you fancy does you good
127. 365 Days of Thank You – Do You Believe In Inspiration?
128. Seeing Through The Fog – Wandering Worlds
129. Notes to Women – Living Together
130. Believe You Can, And You Will – THE SKY’S THE LIMIT
131. Believe – Shan Bae Art
132. Insach – Don’t just believe.
133. For Much Deliberation – Believe…
134. Bharat Bhavan in Bhopal – Don’t hold your breath
135. I think I’ve found my next step.. – k a i t
136. Keto diet 101: 5-minute guide – LIFESTYLE DESIGN
137. Believe – chicken scratch
138. Of Life and Hope – Just a Written Thought
139. Faith – Cocoa2
140. Growing for it – Move with Change
141. Why Do I Believe The Bible? – Site Title
142. Half Baked Log – I Believe, the Geese Don’t
143. Believe – Covert Novelist
144. Live life; make meaning. – Witnesses
145. Spiral Into Madness – Writer’s block
146. I Believe I Will Survive and Thrive – My Loud Bipolar Whispers
147. Belief – The Inkwell
148. Monday, October 9, 2017 – I Read My Piece – “Piers Morgan Makes Some Valid Points About The Confusing Politics Of The N-Word” – to a Class of College Students – Jerome Danner
149. Sand … Stars – the crocodile and the flies of bunawan
150. Ready to Rock Gold Reef City! – Rock of Ages
151. Life On The Skinny Branches – Body Electric*
152. Charmed Chaos – In Faith
153. Believe – Image & Word
154. The Zen Hiker – Believe
155. Believe in words – In my world
156. y – on rainy mornings,
157. Free Verse: Hibernation. – Urban Poetry By Linda J. Wolff
158. Words Got Wings – Dream,Believe and Achieve
159. Is Someone There? – Opinionated Head
160. Letters From Then – Love & Where to Find it
161. @MoreThanDSM5 – If I was your mental health mentor, what would I discuss with you first?
162. Compose your fire – A Ray of Sunshine
163. Believe – mazeepuran
164. Believe – Project21Words
165. Believe – Conscious Erudition
166. Touching the Stars – fibijeeves
167. Believe – wordsareallihavesite
168. The Bag Lady
169. Po’ Girl Shines – The Danger in “Believing”
170. The placebo effect is real – Wells Baum
171. Anxiety is a thinking problem – Wells Baum
172. All the Best – Pristine Path
173. Life Pressed – Believe: the Preacher
174. Midnight Calico Farm – Believe
175. Miss Pelican’s Perch – To Hold Passionately to the Truth
176. SERENDIPITY – A DAY TO BELIEVE – WORLD SERIES GAME FOUR – 2017
177. Flowers and Breezes – Believe
178. Curious Hart – Lake Tahoe
179. The Writer and Belief – Unreal Skies
180. Living Authentically – Where Has All the Compassion Gone?
181. Peroulia Dreaming 4 ~ Walking Through Olive Groves To And From The Sea – Tish Farrell
182. Believe – Win McGrath
183. caring for a special needs cat – my sweetpainteddreams
184. ~282 Of 365~ – ……….365 Days………..
185. Steps Times Two – Intuition
186. 13 Jobs Without College Education… – Success Strategies
187. October Poem 18: Antifa’s Postmodern Reading of Hard Work – therichardbraxton
188. Believing Is Seeing – Elder Steve – Devotions & Inspirationals
189. Narutomath96 – [Sean 1] A spanking breeze
190. This Mommy is Real – Unfiltered Words
191. thoughts and entanglements – Spring Lantern
192. Only You – Hinuha
193. Crossing Colorado – Why Your Diets and Exercise Don’t Seem to Work
194. Monday Motivation:Â Believe – Kissxd By Me
195. The Tea Leaf – The AAAmazing Phoenix
196. The 2090 Mighty Labour Leader – The AAAmazing Phoenix
197. Faith in myself – Minxin’ It Up
198. Oh Crumbs. It’s not all right! – The AAAmazing Phoenix
199. Light & life – Without Compassion or Love
200. Inktober 2017 – Day Nine Entry – What To Write – Sketches By Nitesh
201. Na’ama Yehuda – Believe
202. Musings of a Random Mind – Can You Handle the Truth?
203. From Bookshelf to Bookstore – Beach Books
204. Would You Believe Me? – Akanksha
205. slideaways – Believe in the World
206. B.e.l.i.e.v.e. – Anca-logy
207. Oreos – Explored by Mafaza
208. My 5 Favorite Natural Food Sources of Omega-3 – Finding the Calm in Chaos
209. Scrambled, Not Fried – Credo
210. Thoughts of Words – A October Rain Poem
211. What’s Inside my Handbag? with Sainab – Her Dupatta Swag
212. the continuum of everything – vertical combustion
213. it’s hard to believe ⋆ Obsolete Childhood
214. Turn what you think you ‘believe’ inside out – Karyn’s Domain
215. What Really Scares Us – December Rose
216. Piper’s Adventures – Believe: Listening to Nature
217. David Writes – The Darkness of Ideas
218. Prognostication – I’m a Writer, Yes, I Am!
219. Daily Post Prompt – Believe
220. Belief – Piercing the Mundane
221. Trust – My little storybook
222. Believe in the Cycle of Life – Rhyme In Time
223. Believe – Life As A Believer
224. Daily Haiku / Senryu : Believe – Cactus Haiku
225. 50 By 60 – Weekly Weigh-in, and didja ever notice …
226. MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO – Almost
227. Two and a half thousand years? – Don’t hold your breath
228. They Won – Full-Time
229. Telling the Truth – Monday Sabbath
230. DCMontreal: Blowing the Whistle on Society – Outlander, Mr. Peabody and Time Travel
231. When the Dead Screams Your Name You Better Listen
232. Single Guy Says – Single Guy Does Music Mondays: ‘Arrietty’s Song’ by Cecile Corbel
233. The Cat Chronicles – Daily Feline Prompt: Feline Belief
234. Success Inspirers World – Believe me!
235. A rhythm called life – Megha’s World
236. Kimberlee K. – Swipe-tember: What I Learned from Spending a Month on Dating Apps
237. Magic – This, That, and The Other
238. Darwin’s Theory Solidified!
239. The Tale of Two Seas – Journeys of Len
240. Authentically 50 ~ Embracing Life’s Changes – What I Believe
241. juantetcts – Daily Post
242. A Life Retired – week two of retirement
243. Believe – The Life of Jan
244. Grammy Writes – Autumn’s Touch
245. Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss – Seeing is believing
246. BELIEVE: 77 days until Christmas – As I was saying…
247. Mind Over Matters – Zeckrombryan
248. Misifusa’s Blog – What Do You Believe?
249. Night Owl Poetry – Let Love Shine ~ #RonovanWrites – #TheDailyPost #poetry
250. Each time someone arrived …… – Author Flawed to Perfection
251. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown – Ocean Koan II
252. KO Rural Mad As Hell Blog – be leave
253. Why Believeâ€‹? – MuzicandAnger, Me, Myself & I
254. Theo Herbots Emotioneel – Theo Herbots Blogger, Website-Creator, MLM
255. The Story Files – Believe
256. thelonerose – Being thankful
257. Dronstad – Writing with music 2
258. Pull A Pig? What A C*nt! – Opinions Are Like Orgasms
259. Tanka: The Sun Within – whippetwisdom.com
260. Believe – Gary’s Writing Corner
261. Gym And Bear It: Get Fit, Have Fun With It – Who Do You Believe?
262. No, I don’t want your products. Yes, I still want to be friends. – Unlearning
263. Now I Believe – Light Behind The Cloud
264. the15thday – a sort of apology / clarification (“lol!” (smiley face!))
265. No empty threats – Parent Ergo Sum
266. Text Message – The Stars, Moon and You
267. Santa – Just Writing!
268. Believe – writingiswonderful
269. It’s hard to fall down when someone else’s gravitational pull makes you stand tall. – Individual expressions of a naive mind.
270. Designer Sophisticate – Common misconceptions.
271. Ride Hard: Another Hard Day At Work – Redux Of Rex
272. Trust – This Girl’s Got Curves
273. No longer thinking straight – Wells Baum
274. Look, imagine, and remember – Wells Baum
275. Frank Prem – capturing magic
276. Muse of the Day – Everyday Strange
277. Strong-willed girl – THEGIRLVERSUSWORLD
278. Believe – All About Writing and more
279. Frank Prem – a contact for astro-man
280. Cimmerian Sentiment – Simple Kindness – (Part – 10) Verena In Evermont
281. Frank Prem – exercises in control
282. Epiphany – I have a little rebel in me
283. The World Outside the Window – The Good Ship Fear
284. Lindt Chocolate and Dressing Gowns: A Pyjama Saga – Chronicles of an Orange-Haired Woman!
285. 5 Things I learned from The Blog Awards – Love
286. You Are What You Believe!!! – emotionsoflife2016
287. You Can’t Fly Like A Bird – Blog of Hammad Rais
288. Be Like A Child… Believe – Dream Desire Achieve
289. Do You Know Joni? – Dream Desire Achieve
290. A-MAZE-ing Monday: Maze #2 – MindEscapes
291. A Home for Renu – locoindi
292. Skepticism Infinite Loop – Islamic Methodologies Made Easy
293. Roger Federer- “I believed…” – Dream Desire Achieve
294. V – Visualise, Visit And Volunteer – Dream Desire Achieve
295. Acceptance & Rejection – The Bonny Cat
296. Believe – Daily Prompt – Ladyleemanila
297. will you? – Dream Desire Achieve
298. When I stepped off the train at a wrong Station – Boringbug