Daily Prompt – Cliché
by Michelle W. on February 25, 2013
Clichés become clichés for a reason. Tell us about the last time a bird in the hand was worth two in the bush for you.
Hello to you all.
I know it’s been a while – I’ve been dying to kick off again but I’ve not had the opportunity up until now and now that I’m back in the saddle, it’s time to do this!
*Throws devil horns in the air and waves them like he just don’t care*
There are a lot of clichés out there, I tend to fall into the habit of using them the odd time myself but you can write yourself out of them – personally I avoid them like the plague……….oh fudging butter, I’ve done it again – I really need to put a cork in it!
Money is the root of all evil
That’s why it doesn’t grow on trees! See, we’re learning already.
I feel so hurt it smarts.
Actions speak louder than words
Particularly if those actions involve kung fu or bodily functions.
Love is blind
And stupid too, if my previous relationship is anything to go by.
A friend in need is a friend indeed
Who needs friends when you’ve got frenemies?
“So nice to see you again…..now get the hell off of my land!”
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step….
In the opposite direction, preferably towards a bar if one is nearby. A thousand?!!! Pfffft. You must have rocks in your head or are one of those fitness types – go sweat over somebody else and let me eat my candy bar in peace.
Curiosity killed the cat
She shouldn’t have been curious enough to inspect the tread of an 18 wheeler.
There’s no such thing as a free lunch
Unless it’s on the company credit card – hello wine, cheese, coffee and dessert menus, you sexy things!
Life isn’t fair
We know that already – change the channel or learn how to type and send a letter to yourself, for all the good it will do.
In fact, yes, sue yourself, that makes perfect sense and you’ll probably come out on top for once!
Couldn’t find their way out of a paper bag
You’d be surprised how often that happens after a few pints and a KFC.
Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man health, wealthy and wise
It also makes him this:-
Don’t shoot me, I’m just the messenger
As it has often been pointed out – “We are all in this economic mess together”, so I’m afraid your excuse is pants and I will have to shoot you multiple times in the face, nose and possibly other parts that ordinary lagers cannot reach.
Get the message?
Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today
Whoever wrote this was obviously not a writer or easily distracted like we ar…hey, from this angle, it looks like it’s snowing on the moon! I like jam sandwiches. Are we going shopping later? What’s this crud in my fingernail? I feel sleepy. Why are you looking at me like that?
Made in an environment where nuts are handled
Hey! How rude! Who’s been tampering with my clichés?
For more posts on this topic (my favourite so far is Number 7 by The Jittery Goat), visit these links below:-
1. Daily Post: Cliché | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
2. Daily Prompt: Cliché … That’s easy | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
3. On Birds In The Hand | Think Big Much
4. Daily Prompt: In defence of Clichés! | Sammy’s Moleskine
5. Monday Meandoring | Tommia’s Tablet
6. Daily Prompt: On cashing in my pension. | Reviewer Rose
7. If A Woman Don’t Find You Handsome They Should At Least Find You Handy | The Jittery Goat
8. Daily Prompt: Cliché | Hope* the happy hugger
9. Daily Prompt: Cliché | Daddy’s Naughty Little Girl
10. Daily Prompt: Cliché | Basically Beyond Basic
11. Daily Prompt: Cliché 25th February 2013 | ittikorn1994
12. spin, spin, spin the black circle | thematticuskingdom
13. Daily Prompt: Cliché | بيسان
14. Daily Prompt: “Poop in His Hand!” | One Starving Activist
15. Cliché | jaycee68
16. Cliché | The Nameless One
17. Daily Prompt ~ The Present | Misifusa’s Blog
18. A Bird in the Hand is Worth Two in the Bush | Lorna’s Voice
19. Bird in the Hand? I could knit you one of those! | The Daily Dilly Dally
20. Daily Prompt Cliché – A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush | Blog of The Imaginator
21. More clichés than I thought possible!! | sat n’ all that
22. Daily Prompt: Cliche’ « Mama Bear Musings
23. Was Golden Nugget Snubbed by the Academy for Best Original Screenplay? | Honey Did you See that?
24. Daily Prompt: Cliché | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
25. Daily Prompt: Cliché | desabrat
26. A bird in the hand was worth two in the bush | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
27. A bird in the paw is worth …….. | The Cat Chronicles
28. A bird in the who? What?! | Getting away
29. Touche’ Cliche’ | theloneshewolf
30. Two Birds, One Stone | The Silver Lining of the Optimistic Pessimist
31. Since I totally messed up my last cliche post | Getting away
32. Just sayings | Spunky Wayfarer
33. Those elusive birds | polysyllabic profundities
34. Just another cliche | thelissachronicles
35. Standing in queues: or how I learned to stop worrying and learned to love wasting my time | the importance of being serbian
36. Daily Prompt: Cliché A Bird in the Bush is Worth to in the Hand. | Lines by Linda
37. Bring Me That Horizon | Wiley’s Wisdom
38. Daily Prompt: A heartbeating Cliché | Writing Canvas
39. The Underdog | Not The Sword But The Pen
40. Cliché | motherofnine9
41. Cliché | Now Writing Every Day
42. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush? or not? | Melanie Ryding – Ryding2Health BLOG
43. Going Hunting | Mike Sensitivity
44. To my friend in sorrow… beyond condolences | Travel Making Kai 🙂
45. Cliché | Drama Queen Under the Sun
46. Daily Prompt: Cliché | The Blogging Path
47. 26:2 Daily Prompt: Cliché | Family Photos Food & Craft
48. Haiku: Cliché… | Mirth and Motivation