Hey there everyone.
Welcome to your Wednesday slot of creative writing entertainment, courtesy of your host with the most…toast? What’s wrong with that? I like toast!
And shenanigans too. A toast to them both! Let’s move on though before you get angry and threaten to call my Mother. I’ll be good from now on, I promise!
Just a quick note before the fun and games start – I link to a lot of other articles in my posts. So to all WordPress Users, please check your spam folders and approve any links/pingbacks that you find from me in your Setting Menus to improve the visibility of your own posts, as well as mine, it’s a win win for us both 😉
So, I have another Canadian author who I previously interviewed and the exciting news is that she has released another book since we last spoke to her.
Here is the original interview that I did with Alison Clarke that covers her previous releases:-
Author Interview – Alison Clarke – THE SISTERHOOD (Fantasy Series), The Adventures Of Eli The Elephant and Eli Goes To The Moon
And here is the interview with Alison about her latest release, have fun folks as always 🙂
Hi there Alison, a real pleasure to have you back here with us again to chat about your latest book release “Racine” in your YA Fantasy The Sisterhood Stories series.
Who are the key players/lead protagonists and antagonists that pop up in your adventure? (assuming that we haven’t already read the first book in the Sisterhood series)
The key protagonist is Racine, hence the title of the book.
Here is an excerpt from the book itself:-
“I woke up, gasping for air. I saw destruction; I saw terrified faces, and so much fire. Everything was alight, but yet it was surrounded by such darkness. Voices, with sonorous tones swimming in sorrow and regret floated in the air. The time has now come. The time has now come. I was drowning in my own sweat. These nightmares were not unusual;they had become an almost nightly occurrence. What was I to do? What was my destiny? I felt the flow of the Ancestors. Soon, it would be time. IT WOULD BE TIME.”
What is the story about regarding the conflict that needs to be resolved by the characters and what are the stakes for them this time round?
Racine is on an odyssey to find out her origins – her story, as it will.
How did the idea for this tale take shape? Is it a natural progression from the previous book in the series or are you taking the series down another different path entirely?
I’m taking the series down a different path, but all of the storylines still connect, and there are common themes. Oppie and Aurie make an appearance in Book Two.
Did you do any specific research for this novel that differed from your previous one in the series or the other novels that you have written?
I did more specific research, focusing on certain events in history.
What aspects of your characters in this book would you say that you relate to on a personal level?
I would say Racine, and her experiences as a person of colour.
What were the hardest parts of this book to write? And what were the easiest?
The hardest ones were certain aspects of Racine’s life – especially as a kid. The easiest were the aspects that are a part of the magical odyssey that I am creating.
Do you hide any secrets or Easter eggs in your books for dedicated readers to find?
I did 😉
What would you choose as your own personal mascot or spirit animal when it comes to you and your style of writing?
There are three: the owl, as it symbolizes wisdom, and knowledge; the unicorn for symbolizing magic; and the butterfly for illustrating metamorphosis, or change.
What do you think most characterizes or defines your writing? Do you have any writing quirks or themes that constantly crop up in your stories?
I’ve been told that vivid imagery is a major feature of my writing, as well as being poetic – that there’s a rhythm of the words, which create a poetic music. I think the themes of the power of teamwork, friendship, love, and faith reverberate in my work.
Finally, regarding your subsequent projects, will you be writing another sequel in your Sisterhood Series or do you have other plans for other books in the pipeline?
I will be writing another book in the series. I think in three’s, even though it’s a series. There will be another trilogy after this one. The number three is a significant one in many cultures, including the Irish one, as well as the Ghanaian.
And once again, that’s a wrap! Thank you for letting us know about your new release, we look forward to checking it out soon 🙂
Alison Clarke is a writer who delves into different fields. She is a children’s author, but is now joining the world of young adult literature. Her interests in the Victorian era, including automatons, her passion for medieval literature like Chaucer, her interests in Arthurian tales, and so on fuel her writing.
Her first degree is in Sociology with a double minor in French and English. She is now working on a Master’s degree in Children’s literature. Storytelling is her calling, and whether she is writing, painting, or drawing, story is key.
Reading is another passion, and many different genres interest her, including biography, fantasy, poetry, art books, and so on. Alison believes that the word is a powerful thing, and this is evident in many different literary forms. She also believes that art, whether it’s literary or visual can change the world, can make the world a better place.
You can connect with Alison on the following Social Media channels:-
Twitter:- @mythologist200 (Twitter)
Website:- The Realm of Wyrniverdon
You can buy her books here:-
Buy Alison Clarke’s books in Canada
Buy Alison Clarke’s books in the UK/Europe
Buy Alison Clarke’s books in the US/Rest of the World
If you too would like to be interviewed on my blog at TooFullToWrite and you have a book or a series of books that you would like us to chat about then fill out the Contact Me form here with your details and we can arrange a future interview slot.
Still want more? Well, as readers we are the engaged passengers of the stories told by all the wonderful authors in the world and it is all about enjoying the journey, especially the ride itself. For more articles on the theme of ‘Passenger’ then check out the links below:-
1. Built From The Fire – Life
2. “A collection of July’s daily words.” – Nomadic Adventurer
3. Dreams – Easy Reading
4. NitinNairWrites – The 18.45 Stranger
5. like a magnet – jacey caitlyn speaks
6. Passengers – Mick E Talbot Poems
7. Le Drake Noir – Five in three
8. Let’s Be Crystal Clear – LiveFree & LoveOnPurpose
9. Mauritius – MAG Stories
10. WWE style politics – Easy Reading
11. We’re the broken ones – thewriter17blog
12. Set to sail – Progressing into Solitude
13. “Patches covering magical molds of clay.” – Nomadic Adventurer
14. How To Transition From Being A Student To An Employee – Love what you do
15. Passenger – Sugunag’s Blog
16. The frustrations caused by stinky passengers – Uber-Man: The Driver
17. The Romantic Quill – WRITING CHRONICLE #23: prologues, anyone?
18. Gossamer Hands – E. Denise Billups, Writer
19. seatbelts – Tiny Fawns Writings
20. Passenger – Dirty Little Daydreams
21. Along For The Ride – MY ENDURING BONES
22. ONCE A SUPERHERO, ALWAYS A SUPERHERO – Rainbow
23. This plane is going down – Sarahs Crazy Mind
24. All Aboard! – Marcus Lopés
25. Passenger – Dance of the Soulful Words
26. A place that will inspire you to visit mount yangbew
27. I will be shooting milky way in this location tonight or tomorrow
28. witchlike – Love for BenBen
29. pennyforyourthotsblog – Passenger
30. Wave back – Un Camino de Hojas Secas
31. School Bus Passengers – Butterflo
32. logicaldreams – Short Story: The Second Passenger
33. Ouch!! My back hurts!! – Passenger – Yes, or NO??
34. Next Station! – Pebbles
35. Along For The Ride – Life By Linds
36. Carrier – thehouseofbailey
37. Keeping This Real – To Home, With Love
38. Hot Summer Release – The Limited Triple Grey Ultra Boosts – This Lifestyle
39. juantetcts – Passengers/Spoiler Alert
40. Passenger In Control, Alligator on Court – 60 Is Good News
41. Midnight Calico Farm – Friday’s Hunt July 2nd
42. The driver – The Chaos Within
43. Bonkers Away! – Passenger
44. Passenger – Style Fiction & Coffee
45. Not my feet but the Heart!! Scampers – Revolving Around Life
46. No Passenger – Melinda J. Irvine
47. Passengers Waiting for the L Train – Roaming Urban Gypsy
48. Together (passnegers) – Photography by Alex Roan
49. Chemistry – themanbehindtheglass
50. Passenger – take a walk
51. Success Inspirers World – Blessed passenger
52. PASSENGERS OF LIFE. – DIRE WOLF SPIRITED
53. KO Rural Mad As Hell Blog – passenger
54. Passenger (The Prompt) – Writing Upside Down
55. Chicken Brain – Lawnmower Days
56. One destination. – A Thought Process
57. Passing By Me – travel387
58. Passenger – Image & Word
59. 10 Simple Ways to Lift Your Mood – Organising Life
60. We are all Passengers – Stories
61. Stereotypes – Just a Written Thought
62. Why I remained standing
63. The Inkwell – passenger
64. Insanity – Jalapeno Girl
65. A Scotch bridge – Scrubs and jeans
66. Passengers on a Planet – Revolving Around Life
67. Passenger – ~From Life To Shereen~
68. Swell Time – Watch your life go by
69. Rest Stop – By Sarah
70. Transient – The Mundane
71. Commenting on WordPress Blogs without using WordPress #MPBooks – My Peacock Books
72. A Passenger Looks Out His Window – Nes Felicio Photography
73. Passenger in time – Underdown
74. Travel bug… – Mum’s the Word Blog
75. All Aboard – On a mission
76. Passenger on my train! – XDrive
77. Sascha Darlington’s Microcosm Explored – As You Are
78. The PopSugar 365-Day Happiness Challenge Days 2-4 – The Delight Project
79. Passenger – Mental Musings
80. HoPe&AnChOr – Bonnie & Clyde
81. Eagle’s Wing Ministries – Mindless Drones
82. The End Of Us – Leigha Robbins
83. Passenger – Nomad
84. Wheel – Quiver and Quill
85. Fluffy Pool – Another Kind of Heaven
86. y – without meaning to,
87. Jibber Jabber with Sue – One of Life’s Many Curve Balls
88. Sitting Shotgun – The Hockey Mom Fit Life
89. Passenger – wordsareallihavesite
90. Passenger – Welcome To My World
91. TO YOU – Beauty Mirrors Beast
92. Walk with God – Once Upon a Time I Felt This Way
93. Saturin and Her Moons – Street Harassment: When Will “It’s Just A Complement!” Stop?
94. If You’re Stressed, You’re Not Putting Yourself First – Just In Kace
95. Living In Crimson – Flight
96. Cookies & Moo – The World is Thy Ship
97. Passenger of Principles – damswriter
98. Save Me, Love Me – Beauty Mirrors Beast
99. Passenger–Daily Prompt – Fearless
100. Diamonds in the Sky … – jansten56
101. Thoughts on Life – Passenger
102. And Leave The Driving To… – Inner Whispers
103. Passenger: Doodles and Destinations – jenrcab
104. Momentum of Jo – Movie Synopsis – The Devil is in the Details
105. Waiting to Board – One Stone Away…
106. The Shower of Blessings – Companion Ticket
107. Passengers – Haiku – Haiku Abound
108. Making Lemonade, a poem – Sumyanna Writes
109. GOD’S CHAIR – Passenger, Faith Journey
110. A Political Passenger – A Place for my thoughts
111. Life as it happens to be – Daily Prompt ~ ‘Passenger’
112. Passengers… – It takes a Savior to raise a child
113. Everyone’s Passenger – untamedsilhouette
114. Passenger- Covert Novelist
115. alexjwise – Passenger
116. Passenger – Snapshots of Life
117. Passenger – Just Be Awesome.
118. Going Home – Just another wake-up call
119. Walk with God – Who Sits Next to You?
120. Giggles & Tales – The Daily Prompt – Passenger!
121. Daily Post Passenger – All About Writing and more
122. But I go on forever – The Mundane
123. Passengers in the Storm Daily Prompt-Passenger – A Journey Through Blessings and Trials
124. Success Inspirers World – Wicked passengers are dangerous
125. Not going with the flow – In my world
126. A Diary of A Single Man: This Bleeding Heart – Harlem Cafe
127. Life Is Like A Train. – Dimitra Pyromali’s Blog
128. Some passengers too easily ignored – Your Nibbled News – 2017 YNN
129. A Diary of A Single Man: A Father’s Day After Thought – Harlem Cafe
130. Right of Legions – Travelling the Casbian sea
131. Seriously Just Saying – Silent Passenger
132. Living Out Loud – Found Yourself in a New Direction
133. Around The World – Life After Fifty
134. Azalea Frost – Loneliness
135. Moments In Life – Passing
136. Daily prompt :passenger – Tachispeaks
137. Urban Poetry Where Legends Live in Words. A Digital Art & Poetry WordPress By Linda J. Wolff Poetry – Passenger Ride
138. Scrambled, Not Fried – Another Drive Through Paradise
139. Thoughts of Words – Empty Bed
140. VirtuousParagon – Along for the Ride?
141. What do we read next? – Wells Baum
142. The Great American Escalator – Wells Baum
143. A Poem About the Passenger – The Foxy Igorota
144. Are We There Yet? – Motherish Childish
145. Up against the ropes – CD-W, Author Flawed to Perfection
146. A Furry Little Passenger – Adventures of a Busy Mom
147. Passenger Seat, A Poem – Kristy Writing
148. Unfamiliar Sunny Burb – Kuma House
149. Today, I’ll Seek – S. Thomas Summers
150. Passing Through – Reactionary Tales
151. Lessons (A Journal) – stephentotheplate
152. The trigger – Lucy’s Journal
153. Exploring the World around us – Passenger of an unexpected travel
154. Passengers on Spaceship Earth – Bad Dad Cartoons 101
155. Life On The Skinny Branches – A Passenger Here Myself
156. The Brown Session… – Alone at a mid-day
157. Room for one more? – iball round the world
158. Helzee – Refugees and Peace
159. SERENDIPITY – A PASSENGER ON LIFE’S ROAD
160. Good News – THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME – Danny Writes
161. 83 Unsung Heroes – The Engine Coin Superstition
162. Na’ama Yehuda – Journey Back, Journey On
163. Don’t Need a Seatbelt – artiche
164. Tug the Love Bug – Dog Tales
165. Nijava’s blog – Hangout with dodo
166. Letting Go – My Second Act, Scene One
167. Apparent Passenger – Zeckrombryan
168. Musings of a Random Mind – The Man on the Tracks
169. Piper’s Adventures – Holiday Passage
170. DON’T Jeep Me – Wind Kisses
171. Charmed Chaos – The Gypsy
172. What happens when you die? – The Diary of a Weird Teen Boy
173. Opioids, A Fever Dream – Even Bureaucracies Can Be Magical
174. The Everyday Stories – life’s journey
175. The Journey – Emotions That Matter.
176. Flowers and Breezes – Passenger
177. The prayer of a Desperate Passenger – A Place to learn and grow together
178. Parental Rights – Smell The Coffee
179. Bittersweet Sensations – some seem stuck
180. Adding Alligators to the swamp ⋆ Obsolete Childhood
181. My African Experience – Dream Desire Achieve
182. Skills That I Learned From Grief – Focal Breeze
183. Flip Flops Every day – Love them 80’s – Siouxsie Sioux and Banshees – Passenger
184. What You Don’t Know – A Writer’s Beginning
185. Bus Vision – I’m a Writer, Yes, I Am!
186. The Train of Life – Just Writing!
187. Two Passengers – Dream Desire Achieve
188. Vivid Tales – Passenger – a short story (real)
189. Success Inspirers World – My wife’s passenger
190. Piper’s Adventures – Passengers Through Life
191. You Are Driving – emotionsoflife2016
192. Confused – Views From Around the Corner
193. Caturday chat: Tokyo photographer Akiko Dupont – redesign life
194. Traveller’s thoughts – My little storybook
195. Quote that might change the way you think -6 – positive guider
196. The journey – My little storybook
197. The Cat Chronicles – Daily Feline Prompt: Feline Passenger
198. Passenger – Daily Prompt – Ladyleemanila
199. I’m Ready for My Detour – A lot from Lydia
200. In The Driver’s Seat – Random Daily Thoughts
201. Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss – Unwanted Passenger
202. ‘Red’emption – The Flittering Soul
203. Sirens Singing – Site Title
204. Karen Lynne Beads – Passenger
205. To Fart or Not to Fart – This, That, and The Other
206. Blast Right Through – Wind Kisses
207. Netdancer’s Musings – Daily Prompts-Passenger
208. Live again – Touchwords
209. theblackwallblog – The Bacon Journey
210. Success Inspirers World – On board to greatness
211. Success Inspirers World – Happy 1st of July 2017! Celebrate.
212. Passenger – All About Writing and more
213. Two MIles High: A Rocky Mountain Tail: Chapter Five – Two Travelin’ Chicas… A Grand Adventure
214. LynDurante.com – Happy 1st of July 2017! Celebrate.
215. A different Perspective – Around the World
216. Passenger Joe (a short story with an unusual Daily Prompt challenge)
217. thelonerose – Passenger
218. Passenger seat – THEGIRLVERSUSWORLD
219. Dronstad – Mysterious figure
220. Tiny Living Dreams – Memoirs of Megan
221. OF EMOTIONS AND PEOPLE – IDLE BRAIN
222. USA – Journey
223. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown – Glamor Travel
224. Daily Prompt – Passenger – charlesewaugh
225. Cimmerian Sentiment – #1. Vivid Pink (Blythe & Mac)
226. Wind inside a letter box – Don’t hold your breath
227. Passengers of Fate – stoneronarollercoaster
228. The Passenger – Joan Hall
229. Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore – mybookview.com
230. a passenger – Love it Now
231. sonja benskin mesher – . myth .
232. Word of the day..passenger – Log Cabins From Scratch
233. The Ship – The Middle The End The Start
234. Jane’s Journals – Woe is Me
235. Designer Sophisticate – Slow ride, take it easy.
236. the15thday – wait a sec, you ride the what’s backsides?!
237. The Other Stuff – An itch I gotta scratch
238. Hitching A Ride – Percolating Poetry
239. Ride Hard: After the accident – Redux Of Rex
240. Passage – aroused
241. Frank Prem – a sound like moth wings beating
242. Frank Prem – And So To Work
243. Frank Prem – three faces
2 thoughts on “New Book Release – Alison Clarke – “Racine” – Book Two of The Sisterhood Stories Series (Fantasy Series)”
Whoa, that’s a lot of passengers your carrying this time, many thanks for including me as one. Best wishes,
Pingback: New Book Release – Alison Clarke – “Circle” – Book Three of The Sisterhood Stories Series (Young Adult / Fantasy Series) | toofulltowrite (I've started so I'll finish)