Hey there everyone.
Looks like I am still in the game, yet still lagging behind, I really need to pull my finger out and try to get back up to speed.
You’re all just here for the goods instead of listening to me whining, so I guess its time for me to stand and deliver!
I’ve used the official Day 6 prompt over at the napowrimo.net website to conjure up a piece that has plenty of line breaks, so the lines are short and choppy for that very reason. Hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Photo by 1643606 from Pixabay
“A Star In A Fiery Ocean” by David Ellis
Taking the world by storm,
as we fall face down,
out of the sky.
Animals to the end.
No point in living a life
that doesn’t expand
and fill your mind.
We’re only alive
when we are free
to act on instinct,
plundering maps and discovering
infinite worlds of possibilities.
There’s no peace,
until we get sweet release
from shattered emotions,
it’s enough to see
just beyond our dreams.
We could stay unplugged,
for forever and a day.
But all the secrets of the past,
keep on resurfacing.
Patterns never get old,
we just have to give them
brand new homes.
There are minds to be blown.
Spirits to be set free.
Is this work or is it just play?
make yourself comfortable.
I can tell you anything you want to believe.
You can sell it right back to me.
But you’ll pay the cost.
Your life slips,
right through your fingers.
All that’s left is,
an empty hole in the sky.
Better to trust your own two hands.
Do some good for others.
Gentle and kind without question
Be a beautiful soul,
drenched in imagination.
A star in a fiery ocean.
Still want more? Well, how about some other entries for Day 6 that will rock your world from fab other poets in the poetry community? Dig deep in the links below and enjoy 🙂
1. LILLIAN THE HOME POET – Deeply, Simply, Be
2. inktuition – NaPoWriMo 2018 Day 6: my anxious life
3. MY FEELINGS MY FREEDOM – NaPoWriMo Day 6: Unforeseen Pauses
4. April’s Thirty – 6.
5. Flutterby’s NaPoWriMo – 2018 DAY 6 -TO THE END
6. method two madness – Cento for Frank O’Hara and Joan Mitchell
7. Gloria D. Gonsalves – NA/GLOPOWRIMO DAY 6: I WAS FIXED BROKENLY
8. What Rhymes with Stanza? – “Rued” Awakening
9. PAUL SCRIBBLES – WAILS
10. Purple Mountain Poetry – DAY SIX: WE ALL NEED A BREAK
11. RIVRVLOGR – Deep within
12. The Great Unknown – NaPoWriMo Day 6: Prayer
13. MY OWN GARDEN OF VERSE – MEIN GARTEN DER GEDICHTE – NAPOWRIMO 6: YOUR GUIDE AGAINST THE WALL
14. JIM’S LITTLE PHOTO AND POEM PLACE – NaPoWriMo 2018-06 – Day 6, a Poem for Sisters – Soul Sister Dear
15. ORIENTATION::QUILTER – Day 6 NaPoWriMo
16. RIVRVLOGR – Night Light
17. Voiceless Fricative – Londoner
18. Poetic Pixels – Shorty Longinchwide
19. Unassorted stories – Am I doing? How?
20. QUEST FOR WHIRLED PEAS – NAPOWRIMO 2018 – DAY 6 – BEYOND (REDUX)
21. ARHtistic License – Take a Break
22. WHAT LIFE SAID TO ME – NaPoWriMo 2018 : Day 6 – I Worry About You
23. Orangepeel – Poetry and Miscellany by Bruce Niedt – PAD Day 6: An Anti-Ode to Brussels Sprouts
24. KATIE STATEN – NaPoWriMo #6 – Hummingbird
25. Yesterday and today: Merril’s historical musings – Omphalos: NaPoWriMo, Day 6
26. Rhyme and Reason – Poetry Meets Film Reviews – Fits and Starts (2017)
27. Poetry by Hasen – To Be At Peace
28. EAT ALL THE WORDS – Mother recovers
29. kavyastream – Arrive at a Kiss
30. SOUL STRUCTURED LINES – NAPOWRIMO DAY 4: COFFEE
31. Summer Blues – A Poetry Blog – Two Poems for Day 6 – Not My Poem & The Menu
32. Closed Captioned For The Thinking Impaired – Beatrice (NaPoWriMo Day 6)
33. Zouxzoux – The Trees are Burning at Midnight
34. Author Emily Ramser – 4/6/18
35. NaPoWriMo Day 6: A Small Revelation – Brittany’s Blog of Random Things
36. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown – NaPoWriMo Apr 6, 2018: Fledgling
37. Voyagedesmots – A Weeping Woman
38. TAROT PROSE – The Garden Of Laria
39. My Author-itis – Following the Form
40. 1st Non-Manuscript – Charlene Delfin’s second blog – Day 6: Rebirth
41. CLAIREVETICA – GOLD, FOOLS
42. Frank J. Tassone – HAIKAI POETRY MATTERS – Tai Chi Practice
43. Tidbits by Shannon – back to ground