Daily Prompt – All About Me
by Michelle W. on February 12, 2013
“Explain why you chose your blog’s title and what it means to you.”
This is all about me?
How do I get into these predicaments? I guess it’s kinda like digging a hole for myself. Wait, do I hear guitars down here?
Well I guess I could impart to you the epic origin of how this blog began on one dark and stormy night.
Here we go then – get ready to be blown away!
Once upon a time, there were three wise monks stationed on top of an ancient, desolate mountaintop.
It was their job to carry a secret chest, full of hidden wonders that no mortal man or woman had ever seen or laid eyes upon down from the mountain and deliver its bounty to the townsfolk.
These monks were brave, courageous men, with impressive silky smooth beards that flowed to their knees, soft as candy floss, on account of their vigorous brushing regimes and lucrative sponsorship deals with Garnier Haircare products.
War reigned up and down the land because of this mystical chest and its fabulous contents.
The monks were peaceful folk and wanted to keep their townsfolk from harm.
They therefore proceeded to eliminate all threats to the village in the most gruesome and Tarantinoesquely violent way possible (as a lesson of peace to the others you understand), laying waste to communists, aliens, monsters, alien monsters, preachers, politicians and parking enforcement officers (they got it worse of all, I don’t think the stains will ever come out and as for where they stuck the tickets…..yikes!)
The journey for the monks to the bottom of the mountain after fighting these vicious hordes was particularly arduous and fraught with danger. They braved perilous fires, lava flows, pterodactyls and giant flying ants. Yes. Really. Ants, although they might have been wasps, which makes more sense. Anyway I digress – who’s telling the story here eh? Eh? Thank you.
The monks were war torn and battle scarred but they dragged themselves through the quagmire of enemy bodies slain beneath them, set the chest down in front of the townsfolk, flipped it open and were confronted with a veritable sea of magnificent scrolls of wisdom.
Coughing loudly to address the eagerly assembled throng of listeners, the monks started to recite the words off of the Introductory scroll, at which point some bright young spark remarked:-
“Why not just click here instead?”
They stoned him to death immediately for his insolence and then proceeded to click on the link above anyway.
So astounded at the wonder and beauty of the blog that lay sexily before them, it was then that they decreed to name this blog after that brave young fellow who valiantly sought to speak his mind, that diamond in the rough, that giant among other men, that studly, suave, sophisticated, charismatic hunk of a guy who…………
Nah, I’m just screwing with you! I can’t do it anymore or my sides will burst! But it was fun wasn’t it!
Go click on the link, if you haven’t already done so.
Of course there is a second part to the story that also has much meaning to me (and happens to be very true), in terms of the meaning of my blog.
“I’ve started so I’ll finish” that adorns the other half of my blogging name could easily relate to just food and what a gloriously simple life it would be for me, if that were indeed so.
The second part is my manifesto, my mantra and my modus operandi from when I created this blog.
Quite simply, it means I aim to finish every writing project that I start wherever possible.
Writers (and I think other creationists in general) are notorious for starting new things and for not finishing off/following through enough.
Not on my watch! We never leave a man or woman behind around here soldier!
So there you have it. Part man, part machine, part fact, part fiction, all writer.
They made a film about me – you may have heard of it.
NO! Not Priscilla Queen of the Desert! It’s flaming Robocop!
Except I’m not a cop. Or even vaguely robotic, unless I’ve been drinking heavily.
Maybe I meant Iron Man instead…….
Screw this, I’m a writer, I’ll write my own damn movie and it will make mega bucks – I’m attaching Jerry Bruckheimer to this! If anyone has a spare 100 million bucks then I’ll finish it too, that’s a promise!
For other fun and fascinating origin stories from my fellow bloggers, click on the links below:-
1. Q the Adult: A Warped Interpretation « Q the Adult
2. Daily Prompt: All About Me | The Gozum Show
3. Daily Prompt: All About Me MIND OF SHOO | Mind of Shoo
4. Gypsies left, gypsies right | March of the Gypsies
5. Daily Prompt: All About Me … The beginning of Lent | Fasting, Food and other musings by determined34
6. Daily Prompt: All About Me | kcm1976’s Blog
7. Easily Startled, Probably Panicking | Mind of a Mouse
8. Daily Prompt: All About Me | Alastair’s Blog
9. A Rose By Any Other Name | The Jittery Goat
10. It’s all about me, baby! | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
11. The Nameless One | The Nameless One
12. No End, No Beginning | The Nameless One
13. My Blog by Any Other Name « Delana’s World
14. Daily Prompt: All About Me « 33andlostinlife
15. Why? | Hope* the happy hugger
16. Daily Prompt: All About Me | Waggingmytale’s Blog
17. When you come to the end, you just have to beat a new path… | My life! My Way!
18. Promptness Is Important! | Daily Promptness
19. A Play on Words « Nine Year Pregnancy
20. A Song, A Book, My Name « theseeker
21. All About Me! « My thoughts, My life
22. Daily Prompt: All About Me « Completely Disappear
23. Making Asinglemove |
24. Why valprehension? « Valprehension
25. Five Uninterrupted Minutes? The title is self-explanatory. I’ll explain anyway | Five Uninterrupted Minutes
26. Mitten’s Kittens «
27. Come Have a Cup of Tea with Me « The Education Cafe
28. Daily Prompt: What’s in a Name? (All about me) | Sammy’s Moleskin
29. In hundred and six words | Pigments of Life
30. Because I have the attention span of a hyperactive toddler | The Unthemed Nook
31. All About Me – What is BBT? | Beyond Beauty Tips
32. Why Stuph™? | Stuphblog
33. It Would Be a Spoiler « Three Days at Sea
34. Only the Best Blog: Why did I pick this name?
35. 43/365 – Warten auf den Frühling / DP 12.2.: All about me – was bedeutet dein Blog-Titel für dich? Viele Meerfotos 😉 « OceanPhoenix
36. Behind Blue Eyes and Ginger Hair | Sorta Ginger: Ramblings of a Quasi-Redhead
37. The Not-Being-at-Home « das Nicht-zuhause-sein
38. All About Me | Lady Goodman
39. Daily Prompt: All About Me | My.Vivid.Visions
40. Daily Prompt: All about me « Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
41. New State, New Life: Transplantednorth needs a new name « Transplantednorth’s Blog
42. What’s in a blog name? | thematticuskingdom
43. Aside 19: Daily Prompt | Excerpts from the Life of RDZ
44. Daily Prompt: All About Me | Tita Rita
45. /www.ayimas.wordpress.com/ « ayimas
46. The Name | the book of alice
47. Why My Writings Are Echoes Not Reflections? | A Heart’s Echoes
48. Express It Amateur! | amateurxpress
49. Daily Prompt: All About Me « baka’s blog
50. Cambios De Humor Time | cambios de humor
51. Daily Prompt: Really? You Ask This, Today?! « One Starving Activist
52. Daily Prompt: All about me | ThesesLittlePieces
53. Daily Prompt: All About Me | Daddy’s Naughty Little Girl
54. Daily Prompt: All About Me « Advocacine’s Blog
55. All About Writing | بيسان
56. Daily Prompt: All About Me | The Cutter Rambles
57. Daily Prompt: All About Me | …and she writes
58. All About Me | Drama Queen Under the Sun
59. All About Me « Sisters of Christ
60. Daily Prompt ~ All About Me! | Misifusa’s Blog
61. Words Are Things « Drops of Ink
62. The Town Called Loneliness | Rolbos ©
63. Why Breathing Space? « Breathing Space
64. The Name Sums It Up « Now Writing Every Day
65. Beastly « theloneshewolf
66. All About Me | Ramblin’ On
67. Daily Prompt: All About Me | perennialwalk
68. Daily Prompt: All About A Sign Of Life | A Sign Of Life
69. Daily Prompt: All About Me | Reviewer Rose
70. Daily Prompt: All About…Us | LooknWalk
71. What’s in a name? | polysyllabic profundities
72. Daily Prompt: All About Me « A Western Buddhist’s Travels
73. All about hackitude « hackitude
74. Daily Prompt: All About Me- As Usual « Big Bowl Of Thought Soup
75. Daily Post: All About Me | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
76. Healing Insights and Inspirations for Loving Living | Through the Peacock’s Eyes
77. All about ME « Living in Maine
78. Daily Prompt: All About Me | A New Day in San Francisco
79. Daily Prompt: All About Me « Inspire the Idea
80. Daily Prompt: All about me | the importance of being serbian
81. Just Who Is At The Bottom Of A Bottle – Daily Prompt – All About Me | The Bottom of a Bottle
82. Not an Easy Soul to Understand | Shadoza: In My World
83. My Sister Is a Homeless Schizophrenic « In My Sister’s Mind
84. What’s in a name… « thoughtsofrkh
85. Daily prompt. | jaycee68
86. The Daily Prompt, It’s all about me | notyethere
87. Daily Prompt: All About Me | Moonlight Reflections
88. Daily Prompt: All About Me | The Blogging Path
89. Daily Prompt: All about me « Edgledge’s Ramblings
90. Daily Prompt: All About Me | The Road to Published
91. Daily Prompt: All About Me « Ramblings of a jerk
92. Daily Prompt~All About Me-Did you think I’d let this one slip by? « The Cheeky Diva
93. Daily Prompt: All About Me | Everyday Adventures
94. Kansa Muse, Oh Why, Oh Why! | Kansa Muse on Micro Farming and More
95. Origins: Beautiful Epiphany | A Beautiful Epiphany
96. Why I’m Blogging (Again) | This Thread Sucks
97. This is the way I introduced myself to you my readers.:) | ~~Good~talk~with~Yen-Yen~~
98. One Riot, One Ranger « Deep in the Heart of Textiles
99. Its all in the name!? How I chose my business name! « Melanie Ryding – Ryding2Health BLOG
100. Daily Prompt: All About Me | The Foodie Farmer
101. The Meaning of FOG « Fish Of Gold
102. Daily Prompt – from the heart « Heart And A Half
103. Word Press Daily Prompt: All About Me « Playing for Time
104. What’s in a Name? « A Short A Day
105. Daily prompt: All About Me | motherofnine9
106. Daily Prompt: All About Me | A Journey to a Healthier Living
107. Daily Prompt: All About Me « The Ladyboy Mirror
108. Being Special: Its all in the name! « Being Special
109. Daily Prompt: A Blogging Chameleon | wordsandotherthings
110. To Build a Card Castle… « CardCastlesInTheSky