Hello everyone – how are you doing?
Before we begin, is Vic there?
No? OK, nevermind, I just like saying that, check out the single by Department S:-
Now let’s get down to business. Those enterprising young scamps over at Readwave are currently running a challenge to write a letter to a stranger. I therefore decided to write a poem that is loosely based in letter format.
Enjoy it kids and be careful when you talk to strangers!
“Give Me A Little Danger of My Own, Stranger” by David Ellis
I don’t know who you are
I’ve admired you from afar though
Through curtain cracks, empty shop doorways
And abandoned railway parking lots
You come across as quite extraordinary
The way you move and glide is like
An elegant swan or a frolicking gazelle
Whether you’re tying your shoelace
Or falling down an open manhole
You’re poetry in motion to be sure
I think I am falling madly in love with you
From your great big bulbous head
All the way down to
Your hairy Neanderthal toes
Some may scream at your hideous visage
I just think that you are simply remarkable
But I’m getting ahead of myself
I really should start this letter more formally
So, let me begin with Dear Sir or Madam
I afraid I can’t be more specific
Because you’re blurry and too far away
Is that a fetching hat or a bad haircut?
Tomorrow’s agenda – get my eyesight checked
Also since we’ve only met in my mind
I really don’t think I’m qualified
To form a rational opinion
So I will finish by saying
“Will you be mine?”
P.S. Feel free to write me a letter in reply
Oh, you did? Why thank you, so kind
Wait a minute, this is a restraining order
I thought we had something together
Guess you can’t judge a book by its cover
Stranger Danger! I’ll never talk to them again
At least, not in this zoo or in this lifetime
When was the last time a stranger did something particularly kind, generous, or selfless for you? For more blog posts about the kindness of strangers, check out the links below:-
1. She Writes A PROPOSAL DOES NOT NEED A RING: FACT
2. She Writes ACTS OF KINDNESS
3. Rima Hassan A Girl Should be 2 Things…
4. Kate Murray Smile!
5. risingrave28 Ludic Memories: Simple Things
6. Fictions in Flashes When What’s Needed was a Peso
7. The WordPress C(h)ronicle The Kindness of Strangers
8. The Wandering Poet
9. Tonkadella's Things in Life Directions from a Blind Man
10. The Jittery Goat
11. From Hiding to Blogging A Precious Smile
12. A Squeeze of Bliss A Chip on my Shoulder
13. You just have to Laugh… What do a Pediatrician and Blanche DuBois have in common?
14. Journeyman The Kindness of Strangers -Faith in Humanity Restored
15. Flowers and Breezes The Kindness of Strangers
16. Jayne's Daily Thought The Kindness of Strangers
17. A Squeeze of Bliss That Friendly piece of Advise.
18. Pippakin Talks Cats, Dogs, Teeth and Claws The Kindness of Strangers
19. Speculative Paradigm Shifts
20. from dusk to dawn…. whoa!!! kindness… no ways man…
21. The Bohemian Rock Star's "Untitled Project" The Kindness of Strangers
22. SERENDIPITY KINDNESS FROM STRANGERS — WHEN IT MATTERS
23. shame The buried cleaning lady
24. Linda Maye Adams Kindness in Washington, DC is an infrequent thing
25. My Invisible Crown A stranger’s heart*
26. Melissa Holden The Kindess of Strangers (Daily Prompt)
27. A Glass of Bubbly The Kindness of Strangers (essay)
28 Jottings and Writings #DailyPrompt: Kindness of Strangers
29. Baby Gates Down Happy Mother’s Day!
30. Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss The Kindness of Strangers?
31. Musings of a Soul Eclectic Some Of The Younger Generation Do Have Good Manners
32. kyabola Help At The Price of Chocolate
33. silentlyheardonce Snail Mail Surprise ~The Kindness of Strangers
34. Barely Right of Center 296. The Kindness of Strangers
35. idleandbored2 Kindness of Strangers: Daily Prompt
36. cagedbutterfly1 What kind of stranger are you?
37. SAGAR UPADHYAY A Stranger who changed my Life
38. I'm a Writer, Yes I Am Little Pepinas…
39. Annie's Blog The kindness of Strangers…
40 Riverdale's Random Thoughts The Kindness of Strangers
41. lynnesartandsoul The UNkindness of Strangers
42. My Atheist Blog The Kindness of Strangers
43. Being Chelle Be Kind, It Doesn’t Cost A Thing!
44. Inspirations How Battles Are Won
45. All Things Cute and Beautiful Being Helped!
46. My Eclectic Existence The Kindness of Strangers
47. Kosher Adobo How “Where Are You From?” Can Save a Life
48. RANDOM!!! Kindness of a stranger
49. Understanding and Embracing Diversity The Kindness of Strangers: My Teachers (Daily Prompt)
50. Nola Roots, Texas Heart DAILY PROMPT: The Kindness of Strangers
51. Ithaca dreamin' The Kindness of Strangers
52. Destino Kindness of Strangers, Again : Daily Post
53. psychologistmimi The helpfulness of swearing up a storm and using vibrating pills: This week’s weird news around the globe
54. c21stguinevere In response to…
55. from egghill The Kindness of Strangers
56. 365 Days of Thank You Kindness of Strangers Daily Post
57. eastelmhurst.a.go.go good strangers
58. spirit grind i wonder if God has a mother
59. WorldwideFriends The Kindness of Strangers – Watch this inspirational video
60. olivia in la la land The Umbrella Girl – A Kind Stranger
61. yi-ching lin photography mothers
62. Quando Porci Volare Stranger Stranger
63. Basically Beyond Basic The Kindness of Strangers
64. Barbara Pyett
65. Encounter Angels without wings
66. Walk With Me The Strangest of Kindnesses.
67. Ollie number seven Large Chair Seeks Small Car for Fun
68. Shetall says
69. stiletto rockstar Just A Nice Gesture
70. Life's a great adventure Quick Post
71. Yorkhull's Blog Blown tyres!
72. SA:ME (사메) The Kindness of Strangers – Mom Shop
73. Simply about Life Daily Post:The Kindness of Strangers
74. Mayur Wadhwani's Blog To my fellow Commuters
75. The Kindness of Neighbors
76. xuyeens The Kindness of Strangers
77. The Brie's Knees The stranger who saved the day
78. My Author-itis A Free Lunch
79. Bookmole's Blog The Kindness of a Hot Naked Men…
80. experiments with happiness Day 47 – the Kindness of Strangers
81. Niki's Thoughts Daily Post – The Kindness of Strangers
82. Deb's world Kindness shown to a stranger on Mother’s Day!
83. Read Me A Kind Stranger
84. adorablyobnoxious Daily Prompt – The Kindness Of Strangers
85. psychologistmimi Breaking the silence: Axl Rose reins king and this week’s other wacky and weird news
86. Manisha Dhalani4 Timely Advices from Strangers
87.Dare to Read and Enter a New World… The Kindness of Strangers