I’ve been inspired to write an romantic/erotic piece (I can’t help it, after all I am a big softie just looking for love – sorry fellas, I promise to write a comedy piece next time!) after stumbling across the poetry powerhouse collective that goes by the name of “The Reverie”.
Check them out here:- The Reverie – A Poetic Publication Journal
The prompt they have kindly provided consists of writing a poem using eleven specific words and I’m very pleased to announce that I managed to use every single one of them. *Does the funky chicken dance and sips a cup of victory tea*
The words chosen for the prompt are as follows:- Marrow, Fickle, Hibernation, Infect, Misinterpreted, Holistic, Sparrow, Nectar, Ancient, Ritual and Womb. Blimey.
(No, they didn’t choose ‘Blimey’ but just imagine if they had – that would have been brilliant! As it is though, what an eclectic bunch eh? A stimulating challenge indeed.)
So feel free to get stuck in below and I hope you enjoy it – comments are always welcome.
“Room In My Heart For You” by David Ellis
The raw excitement of your signature kiss
Passionate pulls of tenderness, pure paradise
Silent words breathlessly exchanged
Tasting your sweet nectar
Off ravenous lips and tongue
There’s always room in my heart for you
In this often fickle, misinterpreted world
When you’re around
Stars never seem to be far or to fade away
The moon refuses to lose its ancient, incandescent glow
Shining iridescent light brightly across your pretty face
A hedonistic ritual begins its inevitable journey
Hibernation from past mistakes and heartbreaks
No longer necessary
Fleeting memories best left forgotten, buried
For new feelings are stirring desires, deep within
Forging a strong bond, as maternity is to the womb
You infect my senses devilishly, coquettishly
With your exquisite, sensual scent
Peeled fruit, zesty
With a subtle hint of lasciviousness
Exuding delectable perfection
From every pore of your skin
All the way down to the magnificent marrow of your bones
For if a sparrow don’t know Jack
I sincerely know a holistic view such as this
There’s no such thing as excess
When it comes to loving someone
Sink or swim, you dive in
Indulging in mutual, euphorial adrenaline
That is the nature of the game
It is the very essence of why we play
Why we are such exotic, erotic creatures
And ultimately why love is so extraordinary
For more blog posts that deal with the issue of excess, check out the links from my talented friends below:-
1. crashcoursedummy biggest screamer
2. tuckedintoacorner Balancing Act
3. From Balderdash To Epiphany. Weighing The Difference
4. gut honest faith Sandcastles
5. life as sirli Random
6. Pepper Connection Buffet Challenge
7. The Lark’s Roost Moderation
8. Designer Sophisticate Find your happy medium.
9. psychologistmimi Nomophobia on the weekend?
10. The World According to Ryland Profiteer
11. Game Over
12. Vexing Point No Excess
13. Perspectives on life, universe and everything Not in the mood
14. Perspectives on life, universe and everything Brick by brick
15. A Little Fluff No Excess – Too Much of Anything Isn’t a Good Thing
16. ROUND THE WORD Too Much, Isn’t It?
17. The Undaunted Blue Madness Of My Life TOO MUCH OF LIVING
18. ….on pets and prisoners….. daily prompt: no excess
19. Bear Tales How can you improve on that …
20. The Misfits Closet Binge-Watching is better than Stinge-Watching
21. An Upturned Soul Testing Your Personality
22. Passion through Poetry Respect!
23. KindlingWord Light From A Bug’s Butt
24. Lost Art of Living Spoiled (No Excess)
25. I’m a Writer, Yes I Am Too Many Choices
26. fusion is love either way….
27. Understanding and Embracing Diversity It’s just impossible!
28. Speculative Paradigm Shifts Holding Title
29. a Shrinking Violet No Excess: An Unintended Hoarder
30. joatmon14 Too Much? Nah
31. Shooting Star Dil Mange More..AHA!
32. Never A Worry [M.M.X.I.V. 270] In the center
33. you ain’t special Excess
34. Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss No Excess – Food for thought
35. risingrave28 Too Much
36. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown Too Much, Too Many
37. My Simple Life Too Much Too Little
38. Thought Process of a Rare Neuj Too much is too much
39. Prairie Views Just In Case
40. SERENDIPITY WHEN SO MANY HAVE NOTHING
41. A lot from Lydia Gluttons
42. River of Life Flows No Excess
43. A lot from Lydia Attempt at Embracing Minimalism
44. Mostly True Stories of K. Renae P. Round-Up: Lagniappe
45. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown Second Thoughts
46. Monkebus Just Right
47. A Nameless Space Too Much Sometimes Too Little
48. Wake Up Your Luck So many books, so little time
49. Feasting & Fasting within life Where?
50. wtf Am I On About Now? Rubbish
51. Evolving Ruminations A little too much
52. soul n spirit I Can Handle More
53. Focal Breeze Sea
54. Rubber Tyres –> Smooth Rides No Excess: A Billion To Spare?
55. Flowers and Breezes No Excess
56. The Gad About Town Just (Don’t Over)do It
57. Saya..D Poet… Excessive expectations……..Daily Prompt
58. Hot White Snow Scanners
59. From Slacker To Scribe Excess Baggage
60. Tea is for Tina Too much or too little = similar results?
61. Barryjack’s Place Balance
62. “AND THEN LIKE MY DREAMS” No excess
63. bhalsop No Excess
64. Emovere Sharing and Respecting
65. unitedindependence Got Faith?
66. Literary.Schizophrenia Today at BlackBeary Condo – No Such Thing as Excess
67. Le Drake Noir Brave new world
68. Drag Performers Parody Video “That’s Not My Name”
69. This is word vomit. No excess.
70. Tidlidim Daily Prompt – No Excess
71. simplewarehouse More VS Less
72. Michelle LaRiviere Less is More
73. My Last Year in Education When is enough, enough?
74. Away with Words Too much of everything is bad; it makes my words little.
75. Linda Long Writes! Repositioning My Life For Growth – No Excess Daily Prompt
76. Pollyanna Press The Most Toys
77. INSPIRING MAX Life Is A Juggling Act
78. Day to Spade No Excess
79. eastelmhurst.a.go.go i can’t get no satisfaction
80. Rip Roarin Rants Fearless Journal – Too much Mis-information or Why the World thinks the Americans are A-Holes
81. Walk With Me Level Headed
82. Kat Webber No Excess
83. Willow’s Corner It’s all about moderation
84. Basically Beyond Basic No Excess
85. helen meikle’s scribblefest Daily prompt: Keeping the balance
86. this is my journey Less is More is Less
87. Barbara Pyett NO EXCESS
88. warped-mind notorious decadence
89. Wisdom|Sharing|Learning Is too much of everything is as bad as too little.
90. Live the moment Live in Moderation
91. Stuff and Nonsense 4am
92. Pigeon’s Blood Ruby. Be moderate
93. Lost in traffic When too much is too much ?
94. adjustingyourfocus What’s Worse: Too Much or Not Enough?
95. Random Acts of Snark No Excess
96. All Things Cute and Beautiful Being Excessive!
97. No excess – Vintage 1956
98. My Renaissance Having Plenty Isn’t Bad
99. cockatooscreeching Can we ever have too much?
100. writingindevizes 42 Commandments: 2: Thou shalt not pick up more stones than you can easily carry
101. PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS WPC: NO EXCESS
102. Simply about Life The Daily Post:Too much is often worse than too little
103. My Journey with Guillain-Barre Syndrome All excess is unsatisfactory.
104. Retirement Lifestyle Excess ?
105. Making It Up As I Go Along All Things In Moderation
106. PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS Not Silent Sunday!
107. adorablyobnoxious Daily Prompt – No Excess
108. Linda Long Writes! Private Exchanges – Love, Sex & Poetry
21 thoughts on “Poem / Poetry – “Room In My Heart For You””
uh… might I suggest that you not use the phrase: ‘erotic piece’ followed by: ‘I am a big softie’…
Also, to my way of thinking, romantic and erotic are pretty hard to stick together and still stick the landing on. Erotic is usually as fancy way of saying you are going to use dirty words. Romantic is using clean words to conjure up dirty images. Two completely different art forms.
All that being said, maybe I should read the poem before I go any further…
Well, I will be blimey well hornswoggled! You did stick the landing… without getting to sticky… which is a sticky wicket, eh wot? You even managed to inject and infect some humor in there.
Hey Art, thanks for the praise buddy 🙂 Hornswoggled just became my new favourite word – can I get a synonym for a buck and a half?
If I knew what that was you could…
OK, how about a homonym then?
Don’t we have to get married before I take you on a… wait… that’s a honeymoon…
A honeymoon sounds nice but inappropriate in the circumstances. You can keep that for your wife but I’ll take dibs on the champagne though for my troubles. An autonym then maybe?
That just sounds dirty. If I knew what these words meant, would I be hitting people up for free editing of my latest novel?
I’m addicted to words ending in nym. In fact that is wrong. All words are braw. I guess if you did know then quid pro quo Clarice. (I don’t know either half the time, I just make it up as I go along)
I feel better… and I did catch the Silence of the Lambs quote… I feel smart.
You put the art in smart. I put the art in heart. We’re like two peas in a pub.
two pees in a pube
Well that’s taken the shine off
Thank you so much for reading 🙂
Pingback: A Wordy Vote | The Reverie
What a sweet comment – thank you 🙂
Thanks for the pingback!
For some reason, I’ve only just seen this. You’re so talented! Sweet poem 🙂
Hey Tina – I love tea too so your comment suits me to a T 🙂 – thank you for reading and enjoying my poem, that means the world to me and thank you for taking the time to comment too. Have a great weekend.
Of course! Thank you for appreciating my writing 🙂 have a great weekend too!