Well hello there brethren.
Inspiration is a funny old thing, I tend to get it from everywhere, particularly when I am not even looking.
I have a soft spot for a band called Electric Six and the lyrics for many of their songs are just so damn funny. I then got thinking what it would be like to write in the style of the hilarious frontman Dick Valentine and this beast was born.
I must also credit Jen Mann for the final piece of inspiration and her “Hot Little Biscuit” photo for helping me to create the final piece of the puzzle – you can check out her excellent blog and buy her amusingly titled book right here:-
So on with the show people, on with the show, hope you like it and for comments please stick them in the box down below 🙂
“Hot Little Biscuit” by David Ellis
No point in putting make-up on because it will melt clean off
Your face is a waffle iron grill with the dial set to argh!
There’s a longing in my loins that desperately needs to be girded
All the fire hydrants you just passed by have now exploded
Are those cargo pants, skinny jeans or trousers that you’re wearing?
To be honest you could wear a potato sack and I’d still be salivating
These emotions that we’re experiencing are really quite revealing
Let’s dance dirtily right after I’ve peeled my lusty self off of the ceiling
You’re my hot little biscuit
I’ve got no choice but to dunk it
Come rain or shine, there’s always room
For a bit of gravy on the side, alright?
The wheels and rims you’re displaying are unquestionably satanic
Turning and burning while I’m yearning for something idiosyncratic
All these crumbs of sin are finding their way in, heading down to Chinatown
You always know how to push my buttons, especially the forbidden ones
If you can’t stand the heat then you shouldn’t frequent kitchens
Firing off on all cylinders is all well and good when nobody is looking
Actions speak louder than words when you’re setting fireworks off in mouths
We’ve bitten off more than we can chew but it’s too late to spit it out
You’re my hot little biscuit
Taking afternoon tea to extremes
With you I can be anyone, I can be almost anything
Baby, you’re an excess of sugar in my bloodstream
You’re my hot little biscuit
A blessing in disguise
When I take you out on a whim for a spin
Delicious chaos ensues every time
No smoke without fire but I choose to smoke only bacon and fools
Giving me all the right saucy, chutzpah moves to take you seriously like typhoons
A rush of blood going straight to our heads, blowing us both to smithereens
I know I can count on you to be discrete until the paparazzi comes calling
You’re my hot little biscuit
There’s no point beating about the bush
If you’re not the one for me
No point crying over spilt milk
But you’re my hot little biscuit
Full of sass, spice and award winning ingredients
Let’s celebrate this sensually unholy union
No matter what the risks
It takes two to tango with the devil
Yet it only takes one bite to go up in flames
We’ll put them out with champagne
Whoops, we’ve fanned the fires again
Why are my mistakes just so damn sexy?
Reciprocation of sticky situations
Personality always goes such a long way
We’ll leave the rest up to gravity
How about some more blog posts of a similar nature? OK then, how about this. You’re asked to recite a poem (or song lyrics) from memory by heart — what’s the first one that comes to mind? Does it have a special meaning, or is there another reason it has stayed, intact, in your mind? Check out the links below from my fellow bloggers below:-
1. Perspectives on Life, the Universe and Everything – A dream in the desert
2. Perspectives on Life, the Universe and Everything – Speck
3. gut honest faith – Every day is like a new beginning
4. crashcoursedummy – life
5. From Balderdash To Epiphany. – Poetic Reference
6. The Wandering Poet – Rythm
7. Just Writing! – Peanut
8. The Undaunted Blue Madness Of My Life – THIS SONG….
9. KindlingWord – Everyday Eternity
10. Rogo1990 – 25 years and my life is still…
11. simplygiselle – You are my sunshine…
12. Passion through Poetry – School Song
13. Vexing Point – By Heart
14. Thoughts of a crooked mind. – By heart.
15. A lot from Lydia – Shel Silverstein
16. picturecities – Stars by Sara Teasdale
17. All About Being Human – Daily Prompt — Songs for the Demented
18. Reviews & Recommendations – Opportunity by Edward Rowland Sill
19. Minding My P’s With Q – Prompt/The Daily Prompt at Wordpres – Psalm 100
20. By Heart – The Daily Post
21. SERENDIPITY – FIRE AND ICE – ROBERT FROST
22. Our Gorgeous Chaos – Wildfire by Bipul Chettri
23. Designer Sophisticate – In Flanders Fields
24. Daily Prompt: By Heart – If I Said (Colin Blunstone)
25. You Think I Can Write? – I Am the Master of My Fate, I Am the Captain of My Soul
26. Retirement Lifestyle – By Heart
27. Weird And Wonderful – Precision of a decision.
28. Fill the cracks – Just a little Nursery Rhyme… #postaday #poetry #ebola
29. To Wear A Rainbow – FEEL.
30. moonstonemaiden – By Heart
31. Finding Twindaddy – River of Doubt
32. Bringing worlds together in my kitchen – The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
33. aniShism – By heart
34. the hilarious pessimist – in summer
35. Under the Monkey Tree – Stuck in My Head Forever
36. Kosher Adobo – The Significance of Starry Nights
37. smellslikestrawberries – The words I couldn’t say.
38. the FLAVORED word – Stay Gold Ponyboy – stay gold …
39. An Unkept Mind – Somewhere out there
40. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown – The Children’s Hour
41. A Little Fluff – By Heart
42. A collection of all things amazing – Look Up – Gary Turk
43. My Journey to Find Me – Lost Before Finding the Road Less Traveled
44. Hope* the happy hugger – Daffodils
45. Ivy Mosquito – Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone…
46. Writer’s Abode – Old MacDonald had a farm, Ee i ee i oh!
47. 1inawesomewonder – By Heart – from The Daily Post
48. Book Search Journey – My Rebel Song(Daily Post)
49. People, Places, and Perspectives. – Indelible Edelweiss
50. ParkInkSpot – Ticking away the moments that make up the dull day
51. sixty, single and surviving – ‘Cause Cheap is How I Feel
52. I’m a Writer, Yes I Am – The Windhover — Baby Hawks
53. In The Moment – here we are
54. Ryan’s Writing – The norm in this house
55. Random Brain Musings – Lifting Shadows Off a Dream
56. River of Life Flows – By Heart – Flying High
57. Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss – By Heart – The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
58. My Simple Life – A Childhood Poem
59. Prairie Views – To Autumn and Dew
60. How Awesome Would Do They Know It’s Christmas? Mashup With Amazing Grace
61. A Penny For Her Thoughts – By Heart
62. Pollyanna Press – Ogden Nash, Actually
63. The Reluctant Baptist – The Question
64. Treading Lightly in a Sea of Excess. – rÃªves romantiques
65. Jojo Joy’s corner – Would They ?!?
66. Ripples N Reflections – Leafy Tales
67. Life is great – Non ti scordar di me
68. Her Royal Highness, Queen Ashleigh I – By Heart
69. LÃ¶wland – Fragments of songs
70. Thoughts from the Front – Songing
71. U Be Cute – Art of reading a Poem
72. itsyouandeverything – By Heart
73. Vintage 1956 – By Heart
74. Musings&Rants – As, The Raven, and The Pearl…Are AMAZING!!!
75. Rodgers That – By Heart
76. soul n spirit – Mind Is Without Fear: Tagore
77. Tell Tale Therapy – By Heart
78. Carter Vail – Funny
79. serial monography: forgottenman’s ruminations – 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169 … D’oh!
80. Just Visiting This Planet – Poetry Not Forgotten
81. Flowers and Breezes – You’re Brighter than the Stars
82. Writing on the Spot – Someone Else’s Poem
83. Bitterroot Women’s Shooting School – And Death Shall Have No Dominion
84. Soundless Deep – Winslow, Arizona
85. Science in Politics – Spoken Poetry and Science
86. It’s Mayur Remember? – Loss
87. All Things Cute and Beautiful – Being Lyrical!
88. No Empty Words – A Love Letter To Music.
89. field of thorns – Cleaning Keys ðŸ”‘
90. wtf Am I On About Now? – Think of me
91. Ripples N Reflections – By Heart
92. Deer Radio Circus Custom – By Heart
93. A Lady in Waiting – Remember, Remember.
94. icecandy – Song by heart
95. stream of consciousness – BY HEART
96. A Lady in Waiting – Remember, Remember
97. Destino – Black Socks Song: Daily Post
98. farhatansari – Stopping by the woods on a snowy evening
99. Emovere – The Road Not Taken
100. “AND THEN LIKE MY DREAMS” – by heart
101. The Essence Of Being Melancholy – Daily Prompt – By Heart
102. NuminousShadows – Incident
103. Diamonds – “It’s All Coming Back To Me…”
104. Silver Threading – “The Splendour Falls on Castle Walls”
105. When My Brain Farts – The Girl Scout Promise
106. The Invisible Girl Blogs – Zombie: Jamie T
107. this is my journey – Madness
108. A Teenage (Poet’s) Life – Weeping
109. Willow’s Corner – Block City
110. Traversing Lines – Two Hearts?
111. Mirth and Motivation – By Heart: I’m Wishing On A Star…
112. At my table – Dutiful Gamblers Anonymous
113. endeavour – By Heart
114. Words We Women Write – ANATOMY OF AN EARWORM
115. Sincerely, Loewe – Part II: Connor and the Wildflower Poem
116. OSuzyQuilts, Free-motion Quilting and Meanderings – Memorization – a lost art?
117. Tidlidim – Daily Prompt – By Heart
118. Steps Times Two – It’s My Time
119. The Quirky Life of P – Raindrops on Roses…
120. Cancer Isn’t Pink – Constancy
121. The Gad About Town – If You Don’t Know Where You’re Going …
122. Irish Eyes are Smiling – By Heart
123. Christine’s Collection – Poems to Snooze By
124. simplinspiration – The Daily Post – By Heart
125. Ramblings of a College Introvert – Nevermind.
126. Awesomely Mom – Long trip alone
127. Alaska’s Writings – Memory Songs
128. Same train different track – By Heart.
129. Evolving Ruminations – Poem on my mind
130. Super Secret Mermaid – Writing voices
131. My Decade Long Travels – Love Means Never Having to Say Sorry
132. The Indecisive Eejit – By heart….
133. Barbara Pyett
135. Rivers, Streams, and Painted Turtle Shells. – By Heart
136. Compass & Quill – Alarms In The Heart
137. Beautiful Mussy Blog – Lyrical Lyrics – Beyonce’s Halo Always On My Lips
138. By Heart – There’s More to the Story
139. missrachelchanel – L’oiseau
140. The Lark’s Roost – The Words That Stick
141. lifesdevotion – The Glory Of Love
142. Fluent Historian – By Heart
143. Mel’s Musings and Marvels – Blogging 101: Songs by Heart
144. Rubber Tyres –> Smooth Rides – By Heart: Not a rote
145. Wiley’s Wisdom – Where My Story Begins
146. Nameless Being – By Heart
147. Uplifting Stories – Inner perception
148. See My Heart Not My Past – You are my tomorrow
149. Let’s Talk about Self Defense – Love Lifted Me! 🙂
150. Kryson’s Kreations – By Heart
151. helen meikle’s scribblefest – Daily prompt: Take your pick
152. Quotidian Revisions – Beautiful and it Helps Me Keep Things Real
153. Saya..D Poet… – By Heart…..Daily Prompt
154. Short…but not always so sweet – By Heart
155. M.C. Scriptor – Closer to the Heart
156. Test The Cards Promotion – “Yesterday Once More” Once More
157. BeLofty – Language, the patriarch
158. BeLofty – Language, the patriarch
159. Lord of the Sick – Saviour of the World – Heart touching song -Dukhathinte Paanapathram
160. The Shaeri Journals – Beware! Beware! His Flashing Eyes, His Floating Hair!
161. A Nameless Space – “Invictus”
162. Still Life with Grad Student – Earworms, Tygers and Cheeses, oh my!
163. Gadarene Dream – Five Songs I Know by Heart
164. Melanie Ryding – Ryding2Health BLOG – A poem by memory? A lion springs to mind!
165. Stay – Love and Sex
166. Rideo, Ergo Supero – Change of Heart
167. Lord of the Sick – Saviour of the World – By Heart – 100 year old super hit song – Dukhathinte Paanapatram
168. Crappy Collection – Where my heart will take me
169. ??Journey or destination?? – By Heart
171. By My Heart’s Desire Poem From Rumi
172. Relax – Trades and Travels
173. Chipper Zone – By Heart
174. SanWa Journeys – Roots Before Branches
175. acbistro – Our Love Song
176. Random Acts of Snark – By Heart
177. Barryjack’s Place – Nothing
178. Speculative Paradigm Shifts – I came, I saw….
179. Writer on the rocks – My eyes scan the crowd for you…
180. Fickle Feelings – By Heart
181. A Writer in the Attic – Criss-Cross Albatross
182. Basically Beyond Basic – By Heart
183. PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS – Oh, the irony!
184. Art My Cat Makes – Life Is a Highway: Or Why It’s Sometimes Hard to Sleep During NaBloPoMo
185. Lourdes Mint’s Mid-Life Miracle – By Heart, for Viola (Daily Prompt): ” Angela and I don’t want the two dollars back …”
186. By Heart – The Crumpett Files
187. Nola Roots, Texas Heart – DAILY PROMPT: By Heart