Hey there folks.
Welcome to the weekend where anything can happen (something good or relaxing I hope!)
For today’s Author Interview to see us serenely off into the weekend’s welcoming warm bosom then may I present to you all romance novelist A.G. Kirkham, as we chat about her debut Contemporary Romance series, along with her writing experiences.
Have a good one everyone and thanks for reading.
Hi there A.G. A pleasure to have you over here today to discuss your steamy romance works.
Let’s start with your debut novel “Guard: Satan’s Pride Series”. Tell us more about your story, the challenges your lead protagonists Guard and Ava face as they explore their feelings and intimacy for each other and how your novel is full of moments of courage and desire.
My story is about a woman who has lost her husband in an accident and then went through the everyday motions of living without actually feeling. The book is an opening of the heart. Allowing someone back into her life when she knows what the pain of losing someone means is difficult. It is even more difficult if you are unaware of the defence mechanism you have put up.
Guard is my wonder alpha male hero. He is branded “Guard” because of his complete devotion to take care of his MC. He is fierce, protective and yet incredible sensitive to Ava. It is his hardship to understand why he feels what he feels because this has never been his way and he feels somewhat weak.
These are two beautiful people trying to find navigate the unknown of true intimacy and love.
You have also written short stories and poems from an early age. What sort of themes did you explore with them? Were they also romantic in nature, which then encouraged you to start your debut Romance series later in life?
My poems were centered on my feeling of not fitting in. It always seemed that I was the outcast. I never fit into any crowd at school. And a lot of the time I also felt that I was displaced within the barrage of cousins. I wrote about the feeling of being alone in a huge world. As I became more confident and secure with my own self is when I started to explore the emotional ties in relationships.
Romance came from the necessity to connect. I absolutely am a true romantic. I love that when we find that connection we can wholly submit and still know that that is because we trust and we don’t fear.
If your novel was to be made into a film (or even a TV series), who would you cast in the lead roles?
I think Sandra Bullock is the Rom-Com Queen so I would definitely want her to play Ava. Although a close second would be Julia Roberts. My amazing guard would be Charlie Hunnam or Javier Bardem. They are both rugged, sexy and sweet.
What do you find the most difficult thing about writing? And what do you find the easiest?
The most difficult thing for me is to let the characters take on their own meaning as I write. I have usually down an outline and have created the path and then I begin writing and it takes a life of its own.
The easiest part of writing is losing myself in the emotional wave of two characters and their first official encounter.
Who are some of the authors and historical figures that inspire you?
I think that everyone I have met have inspired in one way or another. I love the books from Maya Banks, Kristen Ashley and Aurora Rose Reynolds.
I am in awe of people who are visionaries like Steve Jobs and Maya Angelou.
What sort of research do you do to write your books?
Well I refer to my wonderful quirky friends from all gambits of life to speak with. I have met many wonderful bikers, and their respective ladies and they have been very generous in their information.
Why do you write? What inspired you to become a writer?
I lose myself in a world of love and happiness. My books make me happy and I certainly hope that they bring joy to others. I write become it fills me with joy. I am happiest when I am creating a my novels.
I started writing as a way of understanding myself but continued writing because I found that I can create a whole new world with my mind.
What keeps you motivated during creative slumps? How do you deal with Writers Block?
I haven’t had writer block. What I do struggle with is time. I have an extremely busy schedule and although it is all very necessary it stops me from being able to spend the amount of time I want on my writing.
You have access to a time machine. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Believe in yourself. No one else has the right to decide your life for you! Make your own decisions.
How do you spend your free time when you are not writing?
What free time???? LOL!!
I have a beautiful grandchild that I love to spend time. My amazing hubby who is so patient and when we can we take amazing walks through our property up north.
I like to keep it simple!
Tell us more about your upcoming projects. Are you working on anything specific or have plans in the pipeline?
The next book in the series is called War. I love this new character and I definitely love my heroine Maddie.
I have also started a new series of mafia romance!
Finally, are there any nuggets of wisdom that you can impart to other aspiring writers?
Never let anyone tell you that you are not good enough! You need to love what you write, others loving it is just a benefit.
And that’s a wrap! Thank you for stopping by A.G. and for chatting about your writing, we can’t wait to see how the further plots in your books unfold 🙂
A.G. Kirkham – Bio:- (in her own words)
I was born in a small town in Italy. My parents are loving people; and true traditionalists. I grew up being a chatterbox of a child and evolved into a quiet and shy teenager. I was definitely not the life of the party. As a matter of fact, I never wanted to go to any high school dances or any activities the school offered. I was good with being alone. I had to grow into my own and I eventually became the fun loving, open-minded and creative person I am now. I love the me I have become and I am grateful that this is where I have landed.
Writing is my release and I have escaped in my imagination to some incredible places meeting the most awesome characters. I also wanted to be a rock star but anyone who has ever heard me sing kindly convinced me that I do not have any talent. (In other words, I suck at it.)
Although I have been writing since I was in grade school, I only just launched my first novel. I have had pieces published as short stories and such but “Guard: is my first novel, with many more to follow.
I am a hopeless romantic. I thrive on two individuals connecting in mind, body and soul. The understanding of wants and needs and placing them as a priority and not out of fear of losing them or because you feel you need to concede; you do it because it feels easy and right in your own heart.
I love to cook! I enjoy making meals for my family and friends and bantering around the table. I have colourful people in my life and they all add to my rainbow. I love music! I like it all, depending on my mood.
My other passion is travelling. I want to enjoy all that life has to offer. I want to meet people, learn from them and create the most fantastic, sexy love stories. If I can do this overlooking the ocean and feeling the breeze wash over me then I have my heaven on earth. I am so blessed! Thank you for reading!
You can connect with A.G. Kirkham on the following Social Media channels:-
Facebook:- A.G. Kirkham – Author (FB)
Website:- Romance Novels by A.G. Kirkham
You can buy her books here:-
If you too would like to be interviewed on my blog at TooFullToWrite and you have a book or a series of books that you would like us to chat about then fill out the Contact Me form here with your details and we can arrange a future interview slot.
Still want more? Well, A.G. Kirkham’s characters would be at a romantic loss and adrift in life without each other. For more articles on the theme of ‘Adrift’ then check out the links below:-
1. NeuroBead – Adrift
2. Adrift Upon Following Seas, Part 2, The Awakening – Jillymaui
3. Awl and Scribe – Adrift
4. Le Drake Noir – Week of prompts
5. Invisible Illnesses – Impression – Daily Prompt
6. The Secret of Living. . . – Keep On Moving
7. This drifter – awesomeloopy
8. Anne Adrift – Adrift
9. Continue Learning in the Summer – Usborne With Niki
10. Cliffs of Moher – Thirty by Thirty
11. Make A Date Right – Are First Impressions Important?
12. Angelic Hands – Adrift
13. Adrift on the Arabian! Fathoming Black. – thinkinkadia
14. Success Inspirers World – A Lonely Soul
15. Scenes – kittysverses
16. A Mom’s Reflections on High School – Positively Un-broken
17. Overcoming Darkness – The Chicken Grandma
18. A Day Late, A Dollar Short – authoranonblog
19. Sujiryun – Adrift
20. Lost, Not Yet Found – The Icognito Writer
21. Adrift – Blog From The Earth
22. Blog From the Earth – Adrift
23. ADRIFT – MY WALL
24. Drift Adrift! – Pebbles
25. 2AM wake – abbisoul
26. Eclipse – the thoughts keeper
27. Summer Nights and Power Cuts – ARJUN SHIVARAM
28. A carnivorous wave – Sarahs Crazy Mind
29. Nothing to post – CD-W, Author Flawed to Perfection
30. The “chai” ritual – The Musing Monkey
31. In my own word 002: Adrift – Awfully Charming
32. a string – Tiny Fawns Writings
33. Drifting Bodies & Shifting Minds – OneAndNone
34. logicaldreams – Drabble: Trade Secret
35. The Captain’s Daughter: Part Two – Chloe Ash Writing
36. Wandering soul – The Chaos Within
37. Thoughts Adrift – Creative Mind
38. Lava – artiche
39. This Moment – Looking through Spirit’s Eyes
40. Japanese Wh1spers – At dawn
41. stumble upon serendipity – War Zone
42. A low tide, rising – writing blog
43. Eight: About life after death – writing blog
44. Adrift In a Crowd – Rip Them
45. tuckedintoacorner – miracle + save + adrift
46. A Lonely Soul – atrangizindagieksafar
47. Adrift: – Storysite
48. The Colour of Poetry – Adrift, a Dream
49. #27 of 30-day Blogging Challenge – What is the best camera for vlogging
50. Moonless Night – Kaleidoscope of my life
51. Baba Desi… the colorful Wizard of Belgrave! – Mum’s the Word Blog
52. Lost Along The Path – Lifes Journey
53. Someday – Leigha Robbins
54. My Writing Process, or Dirty Dancing with the Muses – jmwwriting
55. No Place Like Home – Write Away
56. Adrift Quote – Come in, sit down
57. Everything Changes – The Hockey Mom Fit Life
58. littlegirlstory – Viceroy’s house
59. Present and Presentable – Work-life Balance Has You Feeling Adrift? Drop Anchor and Get Organized.
60. vertical combustion – the anchors forsook me
61. Adrift – inspire1daily
62. Wading in the Deep – Adrift
63. Proposition for Prepositions – Scribbles to Compositions
64. Seemingly Adrift. Why? – kindergartenknowledge.com
65. Two Up – Ride On, Kentucky Kid.
66. Flotsam and Jetsam – Random Daily Thoughts
67. Day 44: Reeling It In (Again) – 50 x 36
68. Tangled Webs – A Year of Les Mis
69. Talk to a three year old! – Mum’s the Word Blog
70. Musings of a Random Mind – The Lady on the Train
71. Chasing Sunsets – Wind Kisses
72. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown – What Lesson have I Learned?
73. Left Empty – Progressing into Solitude
74. Sascha Darlington’s Microcosm Explored – Dreams
75. Lost at sea? – earthlings305
76. Daily Word Prompt: Adrift – Thoughts On Life 2017
77. ~141 Of 365~ – ……….365 Days………..
78. Swell Time – Floating
79. Daily Prompt Adrift – Beatrice’s Page
80. Steps Times Two – Change of Heart
81. Feeling tired? Check your blood sugar – Come in, sit down
82. flashlight batteries – Forbidden Separateness
83. Forever adrift – Stories from A Closet of Errors
84. RICHARD BERKSHIRE – In the Land of Halleluiahs
85. Music ‘n marketing work well together – Your Nibbled News – 2017 YNN
86. How to Remember – Blaze of Obscurity
87. In the disconnect – By Sarah
88. We Got This – Autism in Our Nest
89. First RU Visit – myrujourney
90. Turning In My Nursing Badge – Migraines From Hell
91. No More Bipolar Medications For Me (Daily Word Prompt is Adrift) – My Loud Bipolar Whispers
92. Sandra Pavloff Conner – Hi There! – Daily Post Prompt
93. Taking The Helm – Inner Whispers
94. The many layers of Jen – Running
95. Night Owl Poetry – Adrift at Sea
96. Scottish Legend’s Blog – We Saved Each Other
97. Losing Time – Who I Was
98. Adrift Upon Following Seas – Jillymaui
99. Adrift and aloof – rupalislale
100. Set Free – Debbie Gravett
101. Adrift – Long walks and dark chocolate
102. Mainline_Matter – Adrift Turtle
103. Adrift in a Sea of Couples – Love and Life
104. Adrift – wordsareallihavesite
105. Happy World Turtle Day! – RAS (Global) Adventures
106. I see it, I feel it, again … – jansten56
107. Giggles & Tales – The Daily Prompt – Adrift 2.
108. Miss Pelican’s Perch – Interior Cartography: Adrift
109. Midnight Calico Farm – Adrift
110. Honing skills and loving the ride – Adrift, The Twenty Beckon
111. Survival – 6 Years – Squared’s Curls
112. Adrift. Alone. Awry. – Back On The Grid
113. Adrift – The Bag Lady
114. Adrift at Sunrise – Heaven’s Sunshine
115. juantetcts – Daily Post
116. Footnote in the Book of Life – Rhyme In Time
117. adrift – erintypes
118. Adrift – thehouseofbailey
119. Adrift in a Ditch – iball round the world
120. Marathon to Moreton, Aug 16 – The Alpha Odyssey
121. Rain Tears – Wings Of Poetry
122. The Showers of Blessing – Letter in the Bottle
123. Nature has Something to Convey 🙂 – I Can Feel Around
124. She Was A Kite Adrift – Opinionated Head
125. Adrift – Image & Word
126. WOTD adrift – Kimo’s Den Of Iniquity
127. Riptides – Full-Time
128. Shail’s Nest – Adrift in personal space
129. Telling the Truth – rippling waters
130. Adrift – Allison’s Written Words
131. Ring of Kerry – Thirty by Thirty
132. Dear Girl – Sweet Tea with a Slice of Faith
133. Life On The Skinny Branches – Sea Wish
134. Anchored – Not Adrift! – Purpose-driven achiever
135. The G Sandwich – Grace
136. Adrift Mountainous Climb… – Nomadchasingwaterfalls
137. Shall We Rehearse? – Making Sense of Complications
138. Adrift Not, in this ‘Empty Nest’ – ikataki
139. Top 3 Skills Every Entrepreneur Needs… – Success Strategies
140. Set Adrift and Seize the Day – Adventures of a Busy Mom
141. Giggles & Tales – The Daily Prompt – Adrift!
142. Long Ago in the Mountains – Thoughts of Words
143. Adrift and Alone. – Adoption – Happiness is egg shaped
144. T.S. Eliot – PROJECT ASTRAL
145. Adrift – Margaret writes about life and everything else
146. adrift with thoughts – Hurtafew
147. I Have Pretty Strong Convictions, I Guess – Adrift
148. LadyLebz – Is Me Time Important In a Relationship?
149. The Consulting Writer – Adrift Like So Many Others
150. Resident Alien — Being Dutch in America – Adrift in Books
151. Making it write – Mona Lisa
152. CockHunt – Beauty Mirrors Beast
153. Life, you have a cruel sense of humor – Darkness In The Light
154. The View From My Window – Adrift
155. Stephanie Cardozo – Where Did The Time Go?
156. The Power of Choice – Macel’s Musings
157. Nan’s Farm-Inside Out – “She added a bit of pink to her reality”
158. Solace – The Mind of Nox
159. Un-Masked – Smell The Coffee
160. A cat that catches the mouse – Don’t hold your breath
161. A Little Idea on a Piece of Driftwood – thepathtocreativity
162. The Big Lebowski – stoneronarollercoaster
163. Curious Hart – Safely Adrift
164. Light & life – On the Brink
165. Adrift no more, anchored to the cross, she was set off shores – cries from an unkempt garden
166. SERENDIPITY – DRIFTING ALONG WITH THE TUMBLING TUMBLEWEED
167. Another Remarkable Day – Adrift
168. B_ live – Drifting Words
169. untitled – Jackalope’s Tea
170. Alone and adrift; – A Place to learn and grow together
171. Adrift – Kerrstee
172. Zombie Flamingos – A day cleaning up (finally) the backyard
173. Meanings – Asma
174. A list of daily intentions… – missy miller
175. Glimpses of Beauty – On the waters of my life
176. Severance – 29thfeb
177. Seeking Understanding, a poem – Sumyanna Writes
178. haiku #17 – Stories
179. Jupiter Star – Adrift
180. Light as Air – Follies, Nonsense, and Whims
181. Trump: Your Secrets about ___, ___, and ____ are Safe With Me…Did Everyone Get That? – A lot from Lydia
182. And Then…. ( Part – I ) – Beautiful Mind
183. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown – Sifting Time
184. Gregory Josephs – Eternity in Seventeen Minutes
185. Floating – Flowing Like Milk and Honey
186. Vox Humbug – Dead Weight
187. Bonkers Away! – Adrift
188. Exploring the World around us – Trust yourself
189. The Wandering Poet – Drifting
190. Adrift in My Own Mind – Site Title
191. Brain Spasm! – Sunken Thought
192. A love letter to the fog of the San Francisco Bay Area – Wells Baum
193. Fishermen – My little storybook
194. Wide Eyed In Wonder – Adrift On The Seas Of Change
195. The Gad About Town – The Curse of the Should-Have-Dones
196. Suddenly Single… Minded – Dating: Swan Dive or Belly Flop?
197. Charmed Chaos – Two As One
198. Finding Hope Ness – In praise of natural diversity, small farms, bees, and the future
199. Single Mom Life – prettydysfunctional
200. The Yangtze river – Don’t hold your breath
201. Bear Necessities – Dangerspouse
202. Lori’s Life and Other Stuff – Irony
203. Travel Much? – The Doc’s in!
204. Na’ama Yehuda – Adrift
205. Urban Poetry a digital art and poetry wordpress blog. original poems copyright by linda j. wolff Poetry: Can We Learn?
206. 5 daily habits that will prevent you from going #adrift – lifestyle design
207. Adrift – Scribbled Blueprint
208. If You’re Feeling Adrift – Reactionary Tales
209. Technology Detox – I Am Writing
210. “Honey, let’s go to Mars.” – I’m a Writer, Yes, I Am!
211. When the mind is quiet… – Pauline Njah
212. Adrift – Lifestyled Islander
213. How to get over being lonelyâ€”hint, rum helps.
214. HELP ME! SOS. – SweetHandlettering!
215. Not Romantic at All – Just Writing!
216. Word of the day: – Joe Flair’s Mind
217. The Cat Chronicles – Daily Feline Prompt: Tabby Adrift
218. andsoitisborn – Descent Into Depression
219. Success Inspirers World – You will arrive
220. The Adrift from Comfort – Blissfully Bianca
221. Dear Diary #2 – The Diary of a Weird Teen Boy
222. I Was……. – emotionsoflife2016
223. Adrift on the Lake – Scattered Showers in a Clear Sky
224. Adrift In The Casino – How To Win Casino Gambling!
225. A deriva – herrera blog
226. The GS Blog – Has Indian IT really lost its charm ?
227. Unmoored But Not Adrift in El Nido, Palawan – Nes Felicio Photography
228. Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss – Adrift – Without Control
229. Clouds – november child
230. Left adrift, but found our way – Bird Flight
231. Without – On a mission
232. thelonerose – Anchors
233. Make A Date Right – Floating Adrift In The Dating Pool
234. arsenic isn’t so bad, is it? ⋆ Obsolete Childhood
235. Strawbs, Hero & Heroine – Lorraine’s frilly freudian slip
236. Flowers and Breezes – Adrift
237. Unmoored & Adrift
238. I WANT A BABY – Grief Poetry
239. Relax – Half sweet, and half sour
240. Just Brittany Moments – Lost Island
241. My Pencil Sketch…. – The Mistful Mind
242. Set Adrift – Focal Breeze
243. stay afloat – jacey caitlyn speaks
244. Daily Prompt – Adrift – Zelda Reville
245. ROLLER COASTER – Between the World and Me
246. The Goodreads Book Tag – Reactionary Tales
247. Adrift, Journey of Life – CEIN BEE
248. Ocean of time – World Imagined
249. All help is your blessing… – /Suzhalgal
250. Seif Salama Karem – Lost Hope
251. SHADES OF SUMMER – Rainbow
252. Red Balloon – nosaintaugustine
253. Really Great Gift Ideas! – Adrift In A Sea Of Pointless Merchandise And Scurrying Shoppers!
254. Drifter … – XDrive
255. Adrift – Sugunag’s Blog
256. How to Stay on Course When Pursuing Your Passion
257. Peace in the Midst of Chaos – Michelle’s Multifarious Musings
258. Set tension or headaches adrift with these stretches – art of being fabulous
259. Dronstad – Dumb Death
260. Adrift; A Really Cool Poem – I think. – Jittery Goat
261. Bicycle Sundays – Simply Delicious Lifestyle
262. One Hacker – Zeckrombryan
263. Walk with God – When I was Adrift, You Came to Me
264. Rejection Letters: Perhaps we are being dense – Estella Lynch
265. sonja benskin mesher – . it has left me tired .
266. Soon to be Adrift – The Apples in My Orchard
267. Piper’s Adventures – The Adventure of Living an Intentional Life
268. Walking through Delhi University – Don’t hold your breath
269. Paper mache heart – psychologistmimi
270. Southern By Design – You Anchor Me
271. I wrote a book. Now what? – Link It And List It!
272. ….on pets and prisoners….. – happy monday
273. (People) You’ve Been Before – themanbehindtheglass
274. The Other Stuff – Fused
275. Blind – Sithu’s
276. the15thday – pm dawn and crushing hard
277. Adrift in the Sky’s Ocean… – Chronicles of an Orange-Haired Woman!
278. Unmoored – Melinda J. Irvine
279. Voices adrift in the silent sea… – As I was saying…
280. Like a boat on a huge blue sea – Run and Travel
281. Favorable Winds – Tony Meets World
282. Dreaming Of You – Redux Of Rex
283. Cimmerian Sentiment – #5 Sunday Reading (Waking Up Jayla)
284. Novel Writing – Starting Somewhere – fibijeeves
285. Hot White Snow – Standing Ovation
286. Designer Sophisticate – Feeling lost.
287. SHINE MAGAZINE – Your Subconscious Mind Simplified
288. Frank Prem – The Chocolate Bird
289. Moored? – aroused
290. Poems and Petals – Adrift
291. Trailing Plants Creeping Jenny, Purple Homestead Verbena, Calibrachoa, and Bacopa – Cottage Garden Living
292. Frank Prem – no poetry on the Bay
293. Frank Prem – ontol-echo
294. All About Writing and more – Adrift
295. Lantern Words – No Longer Adrift