WordPress Daily Prompt:- Writing Room by Michelle W. on February 3, 2013
“A genie has granted your wish to build your perfect space for reading and writing. What’s it like?”
Are you really sure you want to know?
Because after this, there’s no going back.
OK then – don’t say I didn’t warn you.
My ideal Reading/Writing utopia would contain:-
1. Twin wall/floor mounted machine guns – I’m writing, get the hell off my land! (Easy there Charlton Heston – they just contain blanks!)
2. A built-in Carluccio’s.
3. Prompt dispenser.
4. Locked, cocked & ready to rock Pez dispensers.
5. Biscuit dispenser. Cookies for preference but I’ll take Bourbons in a pinch.
6. Dolby Surround Sound System.
7. Mini Fridge for wine, ice-cream and M&M’s.
8. The comfiest chair in the world. If I fall asleep before a particular deadline, it would distribute a mild electric shock to keep me
9. A bar with a barmaid mixing cocktails all day (non-alcoholic ones for the first 30 minutes of the day – don’t worry, I’m not an alcoholic, my day would start at 11:30am :))
10. A gondola on standby that can take me for a swift romantic spin around the lake that is conveniently situated close by for inspiration and romantic gratification. Also it will be handy to be able to pop down the local corner shop for a pint of milk too.
11. A button that launches fireworks outside every time I complete a piece of writing.
12. A disco ball.
13. Steve Martin playing the banjo.
14. A rotating art wall to keep the inspiration flowing. No wait, that’s a TV. A big one of those please.
15. Bacon. Lots of bacon.
I think that just about covers it. (What about book space? Amazon Kindle son, job done).
On next week’s episode:- A genie only has one month to live – what type of music would he like to listen to on a desert island?
NB – Disclaimer – The original sources of all pictures used can be found by clicking on them!
9 thoughts on “Daily Prompt – Writing Room – My Ideal Reading/Writing Utopia”
Well thank you – I’m not just a pretty face after all!
Hi TFTW. Thanks for visiting and following my blog. I think if you had the space you indicated above, you might never want to (or need to) leave. My ideal place wouldn’t be exactly the same, but I’m definitely with you on the Dolby Surround! And maybe the Disco ball.
You’re welcome Janna – I couldn’t help myself, your blog looks very entertaining, as an endorsement of yourself. The disco ball and Surround Sound System are of course essential. However, are you absolutely sure I can’t tempt you with the Pez Dispenser? They look so darn cute and everything, along with tasting delicious!
Yes, funny 🙂
Thank you – very nice of you to say so and very encouraging – I will have to do more!
Pingback: Write On! – A Daily Prompt Post | Edward Hotspur
Wow! I love the ideas for your writing room. Your imagination is awesome.
I especially love the biscuit dispenser, mini fridge and fireworks launcher.
Pingback: Day Twelve: Increase Your Commenting Confidence | Writeful Mind