Who’s up for some comedy? You? You? Not you again, you’ve had your fill, now clear off!
Honestly, some people eh?
As for the rest of you, roll up, roll up and enjoy the show.
This particular number came about with a conversation via a very funny good friend of mine (Tasha Nayder – @twistnshoutgirl), who suggested I turn it into a parody poem after my hilarious encounter with a fast food pizza delivery survey.
So I did – for better, for worse and all that malarkey!
Feast your eyes below, you hungry little hungry muchachos – let’s get stuck in!
“The Survey” by David Ellis
Which store did you order delivery from?
3 or more miles away?;
2 miles? It gets worse;
Seriously, a mile away?;
Even less? You f*t b*stard!
Did we adequately explain the specials menu on the phone?
Yes, in detail;
Specifics were somewhat sketchy;
I wanted a pizza, not the third degree
Can we round up the pennies and give the difference to charity?
Yes, by all means;
No, charity begins at home, not on your nelly! (This was not my response before you all shout, curse and call me a ponce!)
Did you order any sides and what were they like?
Chicken goujons, food of the Gods;
Potato wedges, nourishing carbs;
Ice cream to finish yourself off?;
Salad? Hah! You’re having a laugh
How about the sauces, did they taste nice?
Sweet Chilli, now that has a kick;
Garlic & Herb was a bit runny, like refried sick;
Honey and Mustard smelt of wee;
(Actually I just went to the toilet, maybe that’s just me)
Was the driver polite at the door before handing over your order?
How did you find the pizza base, may I be so bold to ask?
A bacterial orgy?
Would you be willing to recommend us to your friends?
Yes, without hesitation;
Certainly not without lobotomisation
Thank you for your participation, additional comments are welcome!
P.S. I have nothing but respect for my local pizza joints, who do a great job every time – well done lads and ladesses, you rock my world!
You still hungry for more? How about blog posts around the harshest, most difficult to hear — but accurate — criticism you’ve ever gotten? Give them a try below:-
1. Harsh | The Magic Black Book
2. My.Vivid.Visions | Daily Prompt: Sad But True – Emotions
3. Winter Is Near (Harsh) | photo potpourri
4. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | Under the Monkey Tree
5. Accurate | Lost in Adeline’s
6. Criticism never kills | Clandestine Destiny
7. That Was Way Harsh [Daily Prompt: Sad But True] | unknowinglee
8. ‘You are DELUDED!’ | alienorajt
9. Telling myself off. | thoughtsofrkh
10. Always impatient | crookedeyebrows
11. Daily Prompt: Sad But True – Criticism | Anniemation Floe
12. (22) Daily Prompt: Sad But True | Family, Photos, Food & Craft
13. Daily Prompt: Sad But True « Mama Bear Musings
14. My Fiancé thinks I am a Junkie! | Shiwanidoez
15. Writing Advice; “Good Writing Is Persisting” (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
16. the truth hurts like a 4 year old’s stomp on your foot | wannabepoet
17. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | Awl and Scribe
18. Lolz Criticism | મન ની વાત
19. DAILY PROMPT: SAD BUT TRUE? | SERENDIPITY
20. You’re Useless | submissivelysecret
21. Daily Prompt: Sad But True (A Conversation Between Friends) | I Hope You’re Taking Notes
22. She Sees the World Through Rose Coloured Glasses … | Girlie Groove
23. Maybe it’s you. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | Reinvention of Mama
24. Puppy Mill Life… | Haiku By Ku
25. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | Chicomallorca’s Blog
26. Harshest | Hope* the happy hugger
27. Regarding Those Friends Who See Through You to Something Better: | Rob’s Surf Report
28. The Lurker’s List | Misery
29. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | The Story of a Guy
30. Daily Prompt: Sad but True | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
31. Sad but True | Kate Murray
32. Don’t take it personally … | 365 And Counting
33. I do not like doing things wrong! | Eccentric Lady
34. Admit It. | ayimas
35. No willpower | Life is great
36. Oooo…ouch…. | Maybe Not So Zen…
37. Sad but True? | Going New Places!
38. Sad But True | The Nameless One
39. You’re like a cat – you only call when you want something | Feel & Rebuild Your Self Confidence
40. Bad juju gaga | Lady Goo Goo Gaga
41. DP: Sad but True | The Deepwater Goldfish
42. MISS MISS SPELLER | Emotional Fitness
43. Life is Harsh | Kansa Muse
44. A Torment To Bear | Flowers and Breezes
45. Criticism Writing Prompt | Chez Lavande
46. MY NARCISSISM | hastywords
47. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | Time Collage
48. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | Moments Thru Lens
49. Harsh | Rebecca Barray
50. Me, Myself, and I. | Many More Ripples
51. Sad But True: Daily Prompt | lifebeinggirly
52. Steve Says….
53. Daily Prompt: Sad but true | Valley Girl Gone Country
54. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | Processing the life
55. Daily Prompt: Sad but True | Winging it
56. Harsh? | Taking One Day At A Time
57. Harsh |
58. From the mouths of babes | Life as a country bumpkin…not a city girl
59. Redo | CurTales
60. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | Books and Movies
61. daily prompt: truth – most can’t take it | r | one studio architecture
62. Ouch. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | mardmood
63. The Platypus
64. “Sad But True” | Blond Boy Blogging 😉
65. Sad But True: I Can’t Sing a Note | Half Baked Log
66. Daily Prompt; Sad But True | terry1954
67. “You suck, please quit, now.” | Mind of a Mouse
68. Daily post: Sad but true… | helen meikle’s scribblefest
69. Performance Review | Wary, Contrary and no Virgin Mary
70. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | GG’s World
71. Daily Prompt: Is that Supposed to be Abstract? | One Starving Activist
72. A Little Touch | Wiley’s Wisdom
73. “Middle Tabler” | Memoirs of a Kenyan
74. Oh, That Could’ve Been Harsh (Daily Post) | Lynne McAennyl
75. Daily Prompt: Sad But True. | Thirty, Start, Go!
76. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | Overcoming Bloglessness
77. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | The Daily Post « The Blogging Path
78. ❀ Daily Prompt: Sad But True ❀ | Beats of Pieces
79. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | Your Daily Dose
80. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | What Matters | Silver Wonderland
81. Harsh | ashwitaashok
82. Words | Barefoot on Rainy Days
83. Throw Down the Rope | Natural Black Earth
84. A Better Friend | jennsmidlifecrisis
85. Daily Prompt: Sad But True | Musical Foodie Love
86. Day Four: Harsh Criticism | Clearing My Voice
87. Sensitivity training | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
88. Tears of no sense | veryukrainian
89. Now Hiring: Media Mogul | tjbarkerseattle
90. I was THAT nurse | My Strong Medicine
91. Daily post/sad but true | annetteharris42