Good evening to you one and all.
I have had a burning desire to write a poem tonight and you are the lucky recipient!
(Tell them what they’ve won, Bob. And keep your wandering hands out of my refrigerator, those pickled onions are mine, you snack fiend!)
You’ve won this motivational poem course, so tuck in brethren and hope you enjoy it!
“Bare Your Heart” by David Ellis
Fill your days with joy
At every opportunity
Before it is too late
Dispense with envy
For it is your enemy
Stop living a life of hate
Pity the fools
That cannot embrace
The love that others give
When consumed by rage
Let it all fall away
Until nothing but peace remains
Do not fear of the unknown
Ignore it and press on
It should never hold you back
When dwelling in sadness
Take a moment to reminisce
Yet never let it control your fate
If you find yourself courting disgust
Be careful that you are not
Subjecting people to your own prejudice
Cherish compassion and truth
Then more people will respect you
To the point where you feel blessed
Surprise others often
Give them a sense of appreciation
Be the gift of light that shines deep into their lives
Friendship and courage
Employed throughout the ages
Passed on from Father and Mother
To sons and daughters
Virtues that stand the test of time
For more entertaining posts that deal with the topic of emotions, check out these posts below:-
1. Fictions in Flashes Won’t Let It (Daily Prompt)
2. tuckedintoacorner One Deadly Sin
3. The Wandering Poet Daily prompt – Containers
4. MC's Whispers Goosfraba
5. The Wandering Poet True strength
6. Journey2dfuture Daily Prompt Day:2 Unsafe Containers
7. The Jittery Goat
8. She Writes ENVY (an original poem)
9. The Undaunted Blue Madness Of My Life MY UNSAFE CONTAINER
10. The WordPress C(h)ronicle Unsafe Containers
11. Abstractiv Rage Rage Rage
12. Blogging via Typewriter Red
13. Purplesus' Blog Unsafe Containers
14. Tribal Connections Unsafe Containers (daily prompt)
15. Active Army Wife Emotions – Anticipation
16. A Little Fluff Unsafe Container For Depression
17. Pride in Madness The Unsafe Containers
18. Destino Green-Eyed Monster: Daily Post
19. Prairie Views Before It Controls You
20. The Hillbilly Blogger Unsafe Containers – Anger
21. Keyboard Pizza Unsafe Containers
22. SERENDIPITY RAGE AT THE DYING OF THE LIGHT
23. Journeyman Unsafe Containers – Feeling Happiness Overloaded
24. Just Me and My Thoughts Unsafe Containers
25. Perspectives on life, universe and everything Eternal
26. Perspectives on life, universe and everything ¿
27. Pictures and Words Anger – a hard to control emotion
29. First World Problems Unsafe Containers
30. idleandbored2 Let it All Out
31. from dusk to dawn…. I don’t have a container….
32. Awake & Dreaming Unsafe Containers
33. Relax Unsafe Containers
34. The Outlook Outlet This Masquerading Host
35. jandelaforce Can’t Keep Joy
36. Sweat, Tears and Digital Ink Motivating Your Characters: Emotions
37. All Things Cute and Beautiful Being Emotional!
38. Ali Abbas Unsafe Containers – Schoolroom vignette
39. Unsafe Containers The Daily Post
40. WorldwideFriends Unsafe Containers – Please don’t hurt me
41. Photo Artistry Cafe Containment of self-confidence
42. RobertJepson Emotions
43. TyroCharm Got Apprehension?
44. my naked eye Ain’t It Obvious?
45. eastelmhurst.a.go.go i see the voice of rage and ruin
46. The Misfits Closet Unsafe Containers- Grief
47. torschlusspanik Unsafe Containers
48. Life is great Joy and Sadness
49. I'm a Writer, Yes I Am “Don’t let fire rush to your head.”
50. Sweeter than Honey Daily Writing Prompt (2): Unsafe Containers
51. cockatooscreeching The Unsafe Containment of Anxiousness
52. Rain's Writing Realm I’m Like a Cannon
53. spirit grind chamber music
55. Prayers and Promises Seeds of Hope for Your Disappointments
56. Focal Breeze Time Bomb
57. Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss Unsafe Containers or how I cope with life’s small problems
58. Coming Out Black Stubborn Pride
59. Tattered Tramp Can’t let anyone know I am one crazy b… bean?
60. Naziyah Mahmood Best thing to wear is that smile!
61. Flowers and Breezes Joy and Anger
62. The Blue Yesterday Journey Your place setting is gone
63. Understanding and Embracing Diversity Unsafe Container for Happiness
64. Living as a Cowboy's Lady Uncontained
65. Pippakin Talks Cats, Dogs, Teeth and Claws https://dailypost.wordpress.com/dp_prompt/unsafe-containers/
66. Because I'm a Story Vampire Glass Case of Emotion
67. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown The Unsafe Containers: Envy
68. Melissa Holden Unsafe Containers: Hard To Contain Emotions
69. Tales of a slightly stressed Mother! Masking my emotions.
70. Randomly Random Thoughts Unsafe Containers
71. stiletto rockstar
72. Advocate of Entropy Living with Social Dysfunction
73. Nalaik Panda Unsafe Containers
74. LenzExperiments WPC: Split-Second Story
75. Insach Unsafe containers.
76. KindlingWord Cache Me If You Can
77. Creo Somnium A Lid on My Emotions
78. Ullis Instamoments Croc skull in a container
79. MARGARET-ROSE STRINGER Unsafe Containers
80. Pittsburgh Dyke and Trans March Set for Sat June 21 in Bloomfield
81. Another Boomer Blog Unsafe Containers
82. The Borderline Personality Bliss And Mess In One Mind
The Unsafe Container of Emotions
83. A Bipolars Writings Too Many Faces
84. Little Motivations Unsafe Containers – The Damp Squib Effect
85. Mere Thoughts What I Can’t Contain?
86. Typos and Terseness Irritation on the Mat
87. Here Still? Which Emotion Do You Find Hardest To Contain?
88. Ilene Locke Writing 101: Cracked Vessel
89. My Eclectic Existence Unsafe Containers
90. Life, Food and Me! Unsafe Containers: Daily Prompt
91. glenn2point0 Life 119 Hard to control emotions
92. Po' Girl Shines The Rage to Live!
93. Destination Karma Grasping at Joy
94. by LRose No Holds Barred
95. Letters From Linz Containing Emotion
96. potatews Is curiosity an emotion?
97. writingpromptsfordailywriting Is it safe?
98. djgarcia94 Rage in a Can
99. Nana's Got A Blog Rage: Tangles & Homelessness
100. Marci, Mental Health, & More WordPress Prompt: Unsafe Containers
101. A Penny For Her Thoughts Unsafe Containers
102. Basically Beyond Basic Unsafe Containers
103. Katalizilo I am Volatile
104. Cabin Pressure May Change No footholds here
105. A Squeeze of Bliss Being Animated!
106. Girl Next Door Uncontained Happiness
107. ~ the life illusion ~ Say Anything?
108. Love Happy Notes – Daily Fun and Inspiration Start spreading the News
109. Love Happy Notes – Daily Fun and Inspiration Smudged
110. Love Happy Notes – Daily Fun and Inspiration Congratulations, you’ve left your Comfort Zone
111. Love Happy Notes – Daily Fun and Inspiration Knowing when to Quit
112. Comin Through the Rye the least containable emotion I have found to not even be an emotion…
113. jcm3blog Thoughts on Bottled Up Emotions
114. Rima Hassan Wedding in Four Points by Sheraton, Dubai – Shama & Shahid
115. Morrighan's Muse Pandora’s Box
116. helen meikle's scribblefest Daily prompt: The giveaway
117. SoniaAnneEllem Unsafe Containers
118. TheGEorgIApRncESs Unsafe Containers
119. Mayur Wadhwani's Blog I Am…
120. Love Happy Notes – Daily Fun and Inspiration A Room with a View
121. Anawnimiss of prisoners
122. N E N S K E I Why Feel so Envy?
123. Grasping at Joy
124. Moriau Forget contain, I can’t even take it!
125. Life with Tess Unsafe Containers
126. Vanskeligt at kontrollere |
127. yi-ching lin photography surprise
128. y i am holding my
129. Triangle Bikeworks Unsafe Containers ~ In Any Form?
130. adorablyobnoxious Daily Prompt – Unsafe Containers
131. That's My Answer! Containing your emotions
132. A Word Adventure Unsafe Containers ~ Never Contain Love
133. field of thorns Slam of the Wings
134. Nagoonberry U-Haul moment: anger and anxiety
135. Your Daily Dose Unsafe Containers
136. Aadarsh Naari Unsafe Containers
15 thoughts on “Poem / Poetry – “Bare Your Heart””
Your best yet!
I really enjoyed your poem. Thank you for mentioning my blog.
Thank you so much for reading and enjoying my poem Anna. You are very welcome with the blog mention 🙂
You’re welcome! 🙂
Thank you for the mention!
Thank you for reading Mayur and enjoying my poem – glad to be linking to your post too!
Awesome poem! I wish I could write. Thank you for linking my blog!
Having looked at your blog, you write very well 🙂 – thank you for reading and praising my poem, I appreciate it.
Me? Wisdom? How did that happen! I love you very much too lovely lady 🙂
Thank you for mentioning my post and for fllowing me. You have an interesting blog, I’ll be back for more and look forward to updates; followwing. 🙂
Thank you Robert – I like your blog and poems too, especially the curry one 🙂 – look forward to reading more of your work soon.
That was downright uplifting.
You’re uplifting 🙂 – Sorry I’ve not been around much dude and thanks for still taking the time to read my stuff. I’ll be back in the neighborhood again shortly
It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood…
Oh, and I not only uplift, I also separate…