Hello you lucky readers of this wonderous realm.
You’ve won a prize tonight (and you didn’t even have to use that machine with the claw, thank goodness, evil spawn of satan things that they are).
Yes, we have another poetic concoction of madness that I’ve drummed up so soon after last night’s tour de force, this time using the prompt of information overload, kindly supplied by our lords and masters, the WordPress crew.
Bless their little cotton socks.
Enjoy the poem and comments are very welcome indeed.
“Full To The Gills” by David Ellis
Too much to process
It’s not all sinking in
I’m getting the feeling
That important items are being
Pushed out of my brain again
Information is attacking me
A series of constant streams
FaceBook, Twitter, newspapers
Television, radio, YouTube
Friends conversations and magazines
Where can I find solace?
I could curl up in a warm bed
To stop the constant ringing
The banging and clanging soup kitchen
Clamouring for attention inside my head
Overstimulated late at night
Little time to sleep before light but TV cries out
The news anchor earnestly describes a murder
It haunts my tortured dreams in vivid colour
Makes me wonder why I bother watching news any more
The sun flares up through my window
Scorching itself right up into my grill
I growl “Thrill me, day!”
No doubt, it will fail to do so
However, first I must process all my work e-mails
And abstract Picassoesque thoughts from the night before
Engrossed in my own little world, I stumble outside
To the impatiently awaiting bus up the road
Only to realise to my abject horror
I’ve forgotten to put on underwear
As the laughter on the bus turns to tears
I run away screaming, cursing life’s twists and turns
No more multi-tasking before breakfast
I’m switching off the phone
Good riddance to communication overload
Alright, maybe just ten more posts while I eat toast
If I forget pants again tomorrow, I can always go commando
For more entertaining posts on the topic of information overload, check out these links below:-
1. Perspectives on life, universe and everything Enlightenment
2. Really Just Words Overload Alert
3. Perspectives on life, universe and everything Fresh
4. tuckedintoacorner Processing Information
5. From Balderdash To Epiphany. My Information
6. gut honest faith Free as a bird
7. Vexing Point Overload Alert
8. Just Writing! Just the Opposite
9. Wax’s World My New Boss
10. fibijeeves Escape
11. Me Sardonic, Me Sarcastic WordPress Overload
12. Saya..D Poet… Overloaded me……Daily Prompt
13. risingrave28 Boom!
14. Carlos Cunha Social Media Might Kill L’homme Theroux
15. littlegirlstory All about scarves
16. MillyMollyMandy Overload
17. Pippakin Talks Cats, Dogs, Teeth and Claws Daily Post – Too Much Information
18. A Guide to Getting Lost A Secret Window
19. The Undaunted Blue Madness Of My Life NOT AS GOOD AS IT SEEMS!
20. The Quirky Life of P Stumped by cricket jargon…
21. A Little Fluff Overload Alert
22. yi-ching lin photography mille feuille
23. American Social Worker in London Extra, extra read all about it
24. Rubber Tyres –> Smooth Rides Overload Alert: Common Sense
25. Views Splash! JUST BACK OFF!
26. Epenthesis Madness Alert
27. The Wandering Poet Like piano music..
28. Ginger Musings Fried Brain
29. I’m a Writer, Yes I Am Common Sense Tells Me…
30. ROUND THE WORD Information Is Information Is Information…
31. Seeking An Enriching Life Are You Overloading Your Common Sense?
32. Cool 2 be Blogger Information overload? I don’t think so
33. Hope* the happy hugger Rationale
34. Ivy Mosquito Shut down the noise
35. My Simple Life Information and Common Sense
36. KindlingWord …the half of it.
37. Heart and Head
38. cockatooscreeching Common sense? What’s that!?!?!?
39. Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss Overload Alert – Where there’s an Internet there is a way
40. Green Embers A Truckload of [Censored]
41. As I See It Overload
42. warped-mind agitation
43. terry1954 Overload Alert/ The Daily Post
44. Information Overload – Vintage 1956
45. Dike Chiedozie’s Blog No Conveyor-Belts, No Micro-Chips, Just Info #Writing101
46. This Blog Needs A Title A Gertrude Stein Quote
47. A lot from Lydia So Much Information
48. Beyond the Brush Overload
49. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown Mind Freeze
50. Awake & Dreaming Overload Of Info? Not Really!
51. Monkebus TANSTAAFL
53. Thoughts from the Front Social Media Influx
54. Sethu Iyer Common Sense- A SuperPower
55. Thoughts of a Misfit Junkie information overload..error….error.
56. Structures Einstein plays dice
57. Life is great Common sense
58. debooWORKS Overload Alert
59. perferviddreams Overload Alert
60. perferviddreamsUnlock the Mind
61. Morrighan’s Muse Technology’s Great…Isn’t It?
62. RESUÉLVETE Bio-individualidad y dietas
63. The Everyday Writer Processing 1,2,3…..
64. Sharing Experience Of Random Things I Pick Daily Overload Alert from the Daily Post hehehe
65. musingsofawarmheart In Rome, but not doing what the Romans do.
66. mojowritin Here we go round the sausage fountain
67. djgarcia94 Information can lead to arrogance
68. Stuff my dog taught me Click. Edit. Share. Repeat.
69. MC’s Whispers Inspiration, Expression and Life
70. Flowers and Breezes Common sense
71. Basically Beyond Basic Overload Alert
72. You-can Posts Where Am I@#?!
73. The Daily Pause 20140915-Daily Prompt
74. chey being Information overload?
75. Pollyanna Press Mindless Amplitude
76. My Daily Minefield Lost?
77. A Girl In Solitude Daily Prompt – Literary Admirer
78. Camp-Pants “What Time Is It?”
79. Little Goode It’s All Too Much
80. All Things Cute and Beautiful Being Overloaded!
81. writingindevizes No overload
82. Insach Look it up.
83. Vinylmomente Mein Studienbeginn … Daily Post 04
84. life as sirli Information flow
85. From Slacker To Scribe RED ALERT: INFORMATION OVERLOAD IMMINENT
86. Wide Eyed in Wonder Overload Alert: Apps
87. the art of agita Overload Alert
88. by Lrose Sound and fury, signifying nothing
89. Prairie Views Down That Rabbit Hole
90. Ginger’s Grocery Waiting for the Buzz
91. The Zombies Ate My Brains Tune Out
92. Tidlidim Daily Prompt – Overload Alert
93. Chasing A Dream Take What You Need
94. Away with Words Do the Common have this Problem?
95. tylershepard1991 hi my life is tmi
96. The Gad About Town T.M.I.
97. eastelmhurst.a.go.go common sense is a bad thing
98. The Adventures of an Urban Flower Girl Coping with the Technology Overload
99. Wiley’s Wisdom Information Overload
100. Information Overload – A Toolbox For Dad
101. Scout84journalist’s Blog Overloaded all day long.
102. Am I a writer yet?
103. Willow’s Corner That’s funny…
104. Real Talk With Amelia The 7th Sense
105. Oh3za Daily Prompt : Overload Alert
106. I don’t but I should Overload?
107. Siena Writes Things Overload Alert
108. The Daily Post on Overload
109. Test The Cards Promotion More Information More You Lose
110. My Other Blog Overload Alert
111. یک قدم به عقب Overload Alert
112. Le Drake Noir Panoramic view
113. fusion is love common sense
114. livicatherine Overload Alert
115. macbofisbil “I only came for the cheesecake…”
116. Pepper Connection Social Media – What’s the Point?
117. yi-ching lin photography ouchie
118. That’s My Answer! Daily Prompt from WordPress: Overload Alert
119. Random Acts of Snark Overload Alert
120. Happiness Is Contagious … Overload Alert
121. TyroCharm Guilty Pleasures
122. Positivatude ~! Overload Alert
123. Coffee and Conversations Smart Write!
124. Notes Tied On The Sagebrush Too Much Information
125. A Nameless Space Information Overload
126. field of thorns Flak Jackets
127. adorablyobnoxious Daily Prompt – Overload Alert
128. A Cozy Nook Wow, I am on a roll..
7 thoughts on “Poem / Poetry – “Full To The Gills””
Thanks for the ping back. This topic is very current on my mind. I am definitely trying to balance and the information coming at me.
You’re welcome Deborah. Glad to be given the opportunity to be able to promote your work through your own and thank you for taking the time to read my blog post/comment, it is very much appreciated. Have a great weekend.
You had me all the way up to the lost underwear…
I originally thought you said “You had me in my underwear” implying that I made you laugh so much that your pants/trousers fell down. I’ll still take it as a compliment though 🙂
no… I wasn’t wearing any pants or underwear when I started reading…
Ready to party at a moment’s notice – outstanding!
be prepared… as the boy scouts say…