Hello again everyone.
I’ve been listening to a lot of The Kills recently and they have inspired me indirectly to write this.
They are truly an amazing band, start with any one of their albums and give them a whirl, you won’t be disappointed.
Hope you like this one, I’m going to try to limber up for NaPoWriMo in April too, so there should be a lot of great poetry on the horizon. At least I hope so – you be the judge 🙂
Oh and happy Caturday folks – give all your cats, kittens and kittehs a big squeeze from me 😉
“Any Dream Will Tell You” by David Ellis
Looking back at the cracked mirror of my broken, bleeding heart
Slowly healing scattered pieces but there’s so many scars, yet
Any dream will tell you to give it everything you’ve got
An ocean’s waves keep pounding and its relentless exquisiteness never stops
The best and most beautiful things in the world are worth fighting for
Why should things be easy when you can embrace such perfect flaws
If you can’t change direction then why not just enjoy the ride
Our goals in life should not be just to survive but to nourish others and thrive
Spending time at night kissing the sonata of the wondrous moonlight
The stars twinkling out a symphony, bursting with orchestral delight
Smiles play out across her face, a skyline spreading infectious desire
Eyes full of romantic colours that tell so many stories filled with fire
Never limit yourself or put barriers on what you think you can do
Be the candle that spreads the light when darkness surrounds you
For if you plant the seed, you can be the tree that grows
The journey starts from within, so long as your past tragedies you can let go
Love the people that guide you and pull you back from the brink
The breath and spark of energy they provide can be more powerful than lightning
Dream of where you’ll be tomorrow but build the foundations of truth today
Accept your fate, visualise the way and you’ll have power to wield in your world again
No matter how slow the future starts, you’re a work of art the universe needs to see unfold
How about another interesting take on the prompt of dreams and the land of nod? Well then try this on for size, courtesy of our friends and overlords at WordPress 😉
“You’re having a nightmare and have to choose between three doors. Pick one and tell us what you find on the other side.”
Spooky eh? Check out the blog posts by friends below to see what clever pieces they have come up with:-
1. Apple Pie and Napalm
2. It’s All in Finding the Right Words – Just a Dream?
3. Love Of Words – Just a Dream
4. Blo88er – Three doors – Suggestions?
5. uniquenproud – Just a Dream…Or Is It?
6. Uplifting Stories – Eyes wide open
7. Basically Beyond Basic – Just a Dream
8. MillyMollyMandy – The Three Doors.
9. coffee, tea, and mimi – Just a Dream
10. Your Mind In Bloom, LLC – Snowy Nightmares
11. The World Through My Eyes – Night of A Thousand Freaks
12. The World Through My Eyes – Have We Met Before?
13. Hemlock Cane – S. Thomas Summers: Writing with Some Ink and a Hammer
14. Anything 2 Autopsy – What lies behind these doors
15. The Spiritual Advocate – Black and White Mary
16. The Wandering Poet – DP Prompt ~ Just a dream
17. Fly ‘pinions – Pick A Door – It’s Just A Dream
18. Life – The Doors to Nightmares
19. arya [at] WordPress – Just a Dream
20. A Momma’s View – Which One To Choose?
21. Morrighan’s Muse – Wherever You Are
22. ramblings – wake me up (day sixty three)
23. Survivor’s Block – Just a Dream.
24. sunpeacesanctuary – open door of freedom
25. Blog-sterpiece Theater – Dream Points
26. Bonz-Eye View – Wishing it wasn’t just a dream
27. by LRose – My Trip to Florida
28. Sam’s Online Journal – Door Number 3
29. The Rad Blog – A Sorta Pseudo Dream
30. The Blogging Path – 20150304-Prompt Me
31. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown – Miracles of Sand(stone)–Don’t Miss This!!!
32. Julie Powell – Graphic Artist – Just a Dream
33. Jenny Ahlers – The Door
34. Phil Harrison’s Blog
35. debooWORKS – Just that
36. A Simple Life – Fantastical Dreamscape
37. Write Now – Say It Ain’t So!
38. Blogging for Therapy – Pick A Door, Any Door
39. Oludare Oduale – ROLLING TO THE STREAM
40. This Blog Needs Daily Prompts – Three Doors
41. Oludare Oduale – DAILY POST
42. Oludare Oduale – HOW LONG?
43. Making it write
44. Geek Ergo Sum – Pick a door, or Just a Dream
45. Shouting into the silence – MY DOORS
46. Staying the Course – Just a Dream
47. All Things Cute and Beautiful – Being Scared!
48. Passion through Poetry – Field of Dreams
49. Mindful Digressions – Perchance to dream
50. Standing In a Corner – Behind Door Number Three
51. The Gad About Town – In Dreams …
52. INSPIRING MAX – Dreaming In Action
53. What does nelkumi think? ãã‚‹ãã¿ã®é ã®ä¸ – nightmare
54. When My Brain Farts – A Taste of Heaven
55. SoulCurryz – Its complicated!
56. Kneal1 Poetry – Rice Bowls (Just Dreams)
57. Jill M Roberts – Just a dream~ writing prompt
58. WinterZenspirations – What a Nightmare!
59. An Upturned Soul – Bashing the X
60. Now and Forever – Open door…
61. All About Being Human – Where I Meet Elvis
62. Life In My Tin Can – Windows
63. Lead us from the Unreal to the Real – The Red Door
64. little letters – the other two doors
65. The 21st Century Indian – Bad Dream
66. A lot from Lydia – The Door Not Taken
67. new2writing – Following the nightmare
68. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown – Sand Castles
69. Life is great – Just a Dream
70. anewperspectiveperhaps – As I Reach For The Door
71. No Talent For Certainty – Hopeful Sadness
72. Walk With Me – Don’t Worry – You’re Dreaming
73. The Life Of Lexe – running from who?
74. The Cat Chronicles – Daily Feline Prompt: Just a Feline Dream
75. THE ICONOPHILE – Umami Dreams
76. Thought Process of a Rare Neuj – Nightmares
77. Kim’s Blog – Just a Dream
78. Simply Sadie – Some kind of nightmare
79. Pittsburgh Lesbian Correspondents – Giveaway – Madonna’s Rebel Heart Album
80. Flowers and Breezes – My Mom and I
81. SERENDIPITY – DRAWING AND QUARTERING – MY FAVORITE NIGHTMARE
82. Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss – Just a Dream – if you don’t know what to write, then have a dream
83. I’m a Writer, Yes I Am – Maya
84. Nabilah Khairuddin – Just A Dream…
85. Raspberry’s Daydreams – To know or not to know..
86. Romance Bookaholic Traveler – Daily Prompt- Just a Dream
87. MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO – Rules of Engagement
88. Ivy Mosquito – No nightmares, just cuddles.
89. Anything you like – Let’s Make a Deal!
90. unbolt – the Sacred disease
91. Christine J. W. Chu – Not so dark a nightmare
92. Just Writing! – Nightmare
93. thelonerose – Dreams
94. Sweat, Tears and Digital Ink – Attack of the Killer Teabags in Space… on Bicycles
95. Zombie Flamingos – Decisions, decisions
96. Awake & Dreaming – The Granite Door
97. Relax – “Sh-boom”
98. Designer Sophisticate – I hate being indecisive.
99. Awake and Unafraid – Just A Dream
100. kenyindian – Nightmares
101. Vexing Point – Just a Dream
102. Life Confusions – Just A Dream
103. The Wandering Poet – A dream..If it were such a wish..
104. This Nightmare Haunts Me
105. ART MUSE – Just a Dream