Happy St Patrick’s Day friends!
Welcome to your regular installment of the Author Interview series. I’m sure all of you who are out celebrating are getting very merry right now and who could blame you with the weekend ahead of us.
I’d like to send us off on a high note into the welcoming arms of this weekend by chatting to author Jaqueline Stone, as she introduces us to her enthralling and engrossing worlds found in her horror, mythology, action/adventure and fantasy books, so get ready and prepare to be blown away 🙂
Thanks for reading, enjoy the show and have a fantastic time.
Hi there Jaqueline, thank you for being here with us to discuss your latest book launch and tell us more about yourself.
Let’s start with your most recent release “Hades: Rise of the Gods Part Two”. Congratulations on having a new book out there and continuing your exciting series! The sequel looks to be just as action packed as the first part in the series, I felt like we were being thrown head first into the graphic and engaging world that you describe. So what has changed since Part One and what direction is Part Two going to take, in terms of the characters and their experiences from the first part? And what is at stake now for your heroes in Part Two? Spill the beans but be careful not to give away any spoilers to the readers out there.
Well in Hades part 2 you will see Hades and Stephanie’s relationship blossom more into a dangerous and sadistic love. Cronus’ plan for world domination will finally be revealed, along with a few secret identities. The titan of time and the god of the underworld will battle it out.
You mention in your dedication at the start of the book about your passion for Greek Mythology. Please tell us more about how your interest in this subject has influenced the settings, characters, and plots of both your sequel and the original novel.
While writing this book I wanted to purposely find characters that were well known yet underappreciated. Hades in my opinion never got the spotlight in Greek myth. He was just as strong if not stronger than Zeus, and yet he was always depicted as the villain. That being said I wanted to bring Hades out of the shadow of his brother, and show the world what he is capable of.
When developing his love interest, I wanted Hades to have someone who would understand his twisted ways and accepted him for who he was. In Greek myth, Persephone was kidnapped and given to Hades, so this time around I wanted for their love to happen willingly. Hades needed someone strong, loud, and resourceful. And that’s where Stephanie came in. She strong, violent, resourceful, and can hold her own if need be which makes them the perfect fit.
I also wanted to shine a light on real problems going on in our society such as police brutality, spiritual suppression, and false imprisonment.
You also have another debut novel that you crafted before the Hades series called “Fallen”. Can you tell us how this novel differs from your Hades series, what the story entails and what challenges the lead protagonist Gabriel faces as he hits his 18th birthday just to have to tackle every demon in hell – not the most desirable present when you come of age, that’s for sure.
Lol, you’re right on that! But Fallen is creation straight out of my imagination. Unlike Hades, I barely had to do any research on Fallen because the characters and the story came from my imagination. Whereas Hades already existed before I wrote the novel. So I had to stay in certain guidelines in order to stay true to his character and personality. But there are some crossovers and foreshadowing between Fallen and Hades. For example, in Fallen, there’s a scene where Gabriel’s mother is talking to Stephanie and they mention Hades.
SO be on the lookout for a major crossover between the two.
What do you find the most difficult thing about writing? And what do you find the easiest?
The most difficult part about writing for me are the fillers. I can write plots and main scenes no problem, but the fillers that connect each scene take takes me forever to write. I have to constantly check for loopholes and contradictions that if left unattended can alter the whole story line.
The easiest part of writing for me is character development. I love creating characters that are complex and have depth. A lot of times, characters are either good or bad. So that being said I like to make characters that don’t follow your typical role of hero or villain.
Who are some of the authors and historical figures that inspire you?
I am always inspired by strong women living or dead, such as Aminah Iman, Queen Nzinga, and my mother. These are women who have fought against all the odds while kicking some serious ass. These are the women that inspire to strive for more while breaking down the barrier in my wake.
What sort of research do you do to write your books?
For Hades, I had to do a lot of research. I had to learn about law, lethal injection, and quantum physics. But that’s what I love about writing, through writing we can broaden our horizon without consciously meaning too. It also gives the story a lot of detail and makes it more believable.
Why do you write? What inspired you to become a writer?
I write for the sole purpose of bringing my creations to life. I guess you can call me a literature Frankenstein. I have an over imagination which can spill over and writing helps me express myself while entertaining others.
What keeps you motivated during creative slumps? How do you deal with Writers Block?
Having my team read my rough drafts really motivates me, that and a glass of wine never hurt. To get over writer’s block I meditate, listen to music, and paint.
You have access to a time machine. What advice would you give to your younger self?
I would tell myself not to worry about what everyone thinks about you. You came out of the womb perfect, and no one can change that. You are different for a reason, embrace it and don’t be afraid to go after what you want.
How do you spend your free time when you are not writing?
When I’m not writing I’m either cooking, attending to my herbs, making tinctures, or doing whatever else pops into my head. I have several side projects that I also work on because I don’t know when to stop.
Tell us more about your upcoming projects. Are you working on anything specific or have plans in the pipeline?
I have a lot of things going on this year. I will be introducing a few short stories to my website, I’m also working on launching a non-profit to help children develop their reading and writing skills. There’s just so much to do!
Finally, are there any nuggets of wisdom that you can impart to other aspiring writers?
Write what is in your heart and mind, and you can never go wrong. Block out all doubt, and rock on with your own view of the world.
And that’s a wrap! Thank you for spending time with us Jaqueline, we look forward to tucking into all of your novels, as soon as we get over our hangovers 😉
Even though Jaqueline lives a private life, her vibrant personality, and open mindedness is enough to keep you captivated and wanting to know more. Jaqueline writes for the sake of writing. She looks at the skill as a way of not only keeping her sanity, but allowing her most craziest thoughts and imagination to come to life.
Jaqueline Stone is a locked door built from sarcasm, and blunt statements. But once the door is open you will soon see yourself showered with witty humor, love and honesty.
When she’s not converting her wild imagination into ink and paper, she’s cuddling up with her grey cat named Sheba and drinking black coffee.
You can connect with Jaqueline via the following Social Media channels:-
You can buy her books here:-
If you too would like to be interviewed on my blog at TooFullToWrite and you have a book or a series of books that you would like us to chat about then fill out the Contact Me form here with your details and we can arrange a future interview slot.
Still want more? Well, Jaqueline’s novels immerse you deep into her mythology enriched worlds. For more articles on the theme of ‘Immerse’ then check out the links to the articles below:-
1. Cold Tea – Creativity for You
2. Beautiful Things – The Chicken Grandma
3. Drifting… – Random Thoughts and Musings
4. The Pleas Of A Guarded Heart – Specscladeyes
5. Ad infinitum – Work of Art
6. There Are More Poets than Stars in the Firmament – up to my neck
7. Immerse – ubeautyinlife
8. Swimmer in Skopje – Run and Travel
9. Immerse – wordsareallihavesite
10. Zachary W Gilbert, Author – And then my words tore through the air like cannon fire…
11. Theo Herbots FutureNet – Be a real VIP @ Suikerrock 2017!
12. in 25 words more or less – #tuesdayuseitinsentence: iconic designs
13. Lets do this together – Immerse
14. The Zen Hiker – Immerse
15. Ladyleemanila – Immerse – Daily Prompt
16. logicaldreams – Drabble: Two is Better than One
17. The Neighbor Part 1 (Erotika) – KhaoticEuphoria
18. The Gross Job – The Chaos Within
19. Don’t immerse just float – Jasperine
20. Day 307 – Daily Prompt – It Comes – Wrapped In Words – Matthew Tonks’ Twisted Roads of Madness
21. You too can be great – tsadekola
22. Immerse – travel387
23. Sucked in by the box – Debbie Gravett
24. Japanese Wh1spers – Immerse
25. At first… – kittysverses
26. Frothing – awesomeloopy
27. Her Messy Thoughts – Rereading My Favorite Books
28. What’s up Maddy – Immerse
29. The story of a woman.. – DeepikasRamblings
30. A place something like mine; but now its no longer mine
31. Immerse – Skyzcandies
32. Musings of a pseudo-writer – The demons within..
33. Trapped in your curse. – “Ananya, The Verbal Seduction.”
34. Immersion – aroused
35. Immerse – The Bag Lady
36. Fluffy Pool – The Strange Beauty of Virtual Worlds
37. Oh, one tyre is flat..! – Pebbles
38. Immerse: How Crashing Into a Person Can Happen Unexpectedly–Day-14 Getting Dressed – Shelby’s Starlit Crossing
39. Vivid Dreamer – Illusive Flow
40. Immerse – Lavns’s Blog
41. Immerse yourself in the fun… – Mums the Word Blog
42. Sagesse :|: Oblige – A Vessel Named You
43. Enticed by Fields with Thorns – a moment teller’s
44. Mainline_Matter – Music Immersed DJ
45. Where there are flowers…love abides. – kindergartenknowledge.com
46. March 14 – My 365 Life
47. Immersed in the Chronic Darkness – Carpe Noctem
48. Going Under – Leigha Robbins
49. Improving marriage – ALPHA BUTLER CHARLIE
50. DinamicDynasty – Breath of You
51. pennyforyourthotsblog – Immerse
52. Vandana writes – Tao Te Ching: 1st Verse
53. Penny – Girl Writing
54. I’m too busy … – jansten56
55. A Minus B Plus – on middle age
56. MISPLACED PEACES – Immerse ~ Grace
57. I Am CAWT – Site Title
58. A bit of a geeky mom – My Addiction
59. Water – Thoughts of an Introvert
60. Say Good Things – LiteYourSoul
61. Immerse–Daily Prompt – Fearless
62. The [Password] is “Password” – Michigan Shiner
63. SAY NO TO OFFENDICITIS – Rainbow
64. manvsloneliness – Day 249: The Man and the Snow Day
65. Immerse – Image & Word
66. Glorious Impact – Surrender and Immerse
67. Immersed in: My Big TOE: Awakening – Live Free & Love On Purpose
68. The Book Lover – Occasional Dreams
69. Life of a ChickPea – Stream of thought..
70. Bathing in Feathers – CD-W, Author Flawed to Perfection
71. Write Now – Daring the Devil
72. Immerse(d) in Pi(e) – On a mission
73. Immerse – Her Snippets
74. Faith Unlocked – Refreshed, Renewed
75. Being at the Junction – Scattered Brainy
76. Haiku – Senryu “Immerse” – Mick E Talbot Poems
77. I’m (learning about) merse by Immersion – thinkinkadia
78. Site Title – Immerse
79. Invisible Illnesses – Immerse – Daily Prompt
80. Immersion (a poem) – Catherine Hamrick
81. Conway needs immersion in real world – Your Nibbled News – 2017 YNN
82. The Romantic Quill – Wednesday Reflections #11 – Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
83. daily prompt – Immerse
84. Immerse – thehouseofbailey
85. Writing and Works – All Immersive
86. What Kind Of Trouble Can I Get Into? – They Once Called Her Pumpkin…
87. Pining For The Moon – Compass & Quill
88. Peanut Gallery 24/7 – Grieving a loved one
89. Against hate, understanding. Against division, hope. – Stuff, Things and Opinions
90. The Sleeping Reading Beauty – It’s only…
91. The Healthy Advantage of Fruits and Veggies – Light in Colorado
92. GO GONZAGA, G-O-N-Z-A-G-A – Pizza and Peonies
93. Rain (Nature’s tears) – Wings Of Poetry
94. What Rhymes with Stanza? – in the name of winter
95. Stage Fright (poem) – stephentotheplate
96. Na’ama Yehuda – Immerse
97. Miss Pelican’s Perch – Immersed: A Great Sea of Paper
98. Watercolor – S. Thomas Summers
99. The many layers of Jen – Immerse yourself
100. DREAMLESS NIGHTS – Grief Poetry
101. Attention – Full-Time
102. Current Television Obsession: February 2017 – Sup, Nerds!
103. G2 = Genoa Gelato – Evelina
104. A Caregiving Marriage – Here at Home
105. A Moment in Time – Facts and Fiction
106. Immerse Yourself in a Forgotten Island: Socotra – America For Yemen
107. Come to the water… – As I was saying…
108. A tear says it all….. – Suzhalgal
109. Covert Novelist – Immerse
110. So Your Here… Now What? – Two Travelin’ Chicas… A Grand Adventure
111. Loreena McKennitt : A dream come true! – Chronicles of an Orange-Haired Woman!
112. The View From My Window – Immersed
113. Immerse yourself in Politics and News – A Place for my thoughts
114. The Gravel Ghost – Immersed In A Past Life
115. My Personal Blog – Immerse in Working
116. I Have Immersed Completely – Le Marche Magic
117. Grammy Writes – A Rainbow Moon and a Deep Pink Sea
118. Sprinkle or Dunk? – The golden years revisited
119. Life, More Than Existence. Immerse – Life, more than existence!
120. juantetcts – Daily Post
121. sparksfromacombustiblemind – Covered
122. Jai’nanigans – Soldier Bae
123. LifeBlog – IMMERSE YOUR WHOLE SELF: BODY, SOUL AND SPIRIT
124. Are You Immersed In An Empty Glass? – Being Lydia
125. Be a real VIP @ Suikerrock 2017! – Groeten Uit Tienen en omgeving
126. SERENDIPITY – IMMERSION – THE LAST BIG BLOW OF WINTER
127. immerse… – erintypes
128. Putting My Feet in the Dirt – Waves of Ecstasy – #RomanticTuesday
129. I’m Immersed… – A Place to learn and grow together
130. Immersed In Music – Islamic Methodologies Made Easy
131. Telling the Truth – What will they say about me?
132. Life with Jess – Learning To Love Again
133. Immersed into my studies – My Web Design Haven
134. Alas, Spring! – Write A Line
135. “Soft & Fluffy”: Finishing an unfinished draft – The Happy UFO
136. The Cat Chronicles – Daily Feline Prompt: Feline Paw Immersion
137. mylocalweb – the doctrine of love
138. Immersed – visualizernirali
139. mycreatorscreation – Calypso’s Immersion
140. Submerge – artiche
141. bianca . paige . smith – Make art even if no one is watching.
142. Snow – Inner Whispers
143. Making it write – Like a metaphor
144. Compassion vs. Judgement – november child
145. Why LCD’s cannot produce complete black colour? – WHAT’S NEW?
146. Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss – The Daily Immersion
147. Immersion or Addiction – Beacons of Life
148. LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY – WHAT’S NEW?
149. LED TVs – WHAT’S NEW?
150. It’s All in Finding the Right Words – Immerse Yourself in the Past
151. Bailey: Why One Beagle Is Enough…A 100 Word Fiction – Just A Broken Old Man
152. Immerse – xversusz
153. Flowers and Breezes – Immerse
154. Wasn’t Forced – emotionsoflife2016
155. inspiration – IMMERSE YOURSELF…
156. LadyLebz – CUISINE OF NORTH AFRICA
157. flirting with minimalism – All or Nothing – From Spending Diet to Spending Fast
158. How to create a blog from scratch – Settle in El Paso
159. Immersion in Petty Detail – I’m a Writer, Yes, I Am!
160. sonja benskin mesher – ..gas..
161. 3 Ideas to Immerse in a Moment – On a mission
162. Connect Now…Immerse Yourself – Random Daily Thoughts
163. My children are not EVERYTHING to me and that makes me a better parent – Savvy Geekmom
164. Relax – View from the Barbiemobile
165. My Loud Bipolar Whispers
166. Immerse: Into the Universe – Lenses
167. Divine Knowledge – Ancient Beauty
168. MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO – Immerse
169. The Gad About Town – A Storm Named Stella
170. Immerse your selfie – fades in…
171. Lost in Translation – Part I – Welcome. Come into my world.
172. Apartment Living and strange happenings – Elaine’s Life and Apartment Living
173. Stella…Stelllaaaaa! – Realswampmonster
174. Immerse (Immerse in sadness) – Write Ally! Write!
175. dolphin519 – All Time Low Concert
176. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown – Total Immersion
177. 5 Must Read Poems – Literary Panda
178. Hot Teacher 8 – writemebad
179. Reminder – The Corporate Fawn
180. andsoitisborn – Fear Of Travelling
181. I could only wet my feet – Scattered Showers in a Clear Sky
182. Reading in Bed – Just Writing!
183. SMALL-TOWN GIRLS, MIDNIGHT TRAINS – Just Dance
184. LadyLebz – 25 THINGS WOMEN SHOULD KNOW ABOUT MEN
185. A Better Poet in Me – NOOKS&CRANNIES
186. Live Free & Love On Purpose – Immersed Realities
187. Cosmic Record Keeping – Poetry, Fiction, Politics (PFP)
188. I’m not a writer, I’m a reader: Day 1 – Reactionary Tales
189. Pray (Haiku) – Thoughts of Words
190. Exploring the World around us – Need of Darkness
191. Jack & Dianne: Mr Happy Go Lucky – Rexine Rawhead
192. Hot White Snow – Immersed in Thought – On Writing
193. #MyFirstPostRevisited from March 14th 2016 – Sunken Thought
194. The insanity of immersion ⋆ Obsolete Childhood
195. When the unfortunate happens – Pauline Njah
196. Hot Dogs and Marmalade – Immersed
197. Isabel Caves – Vignette: Revelation
198. the15thday – hey kindle, bed time!
199. I Have Pretty Strong Convictions, I Guess – Immerse
200. Give harsh products the boot! DIY for awesome hair, nails and teeth. – art of being fabulous
201. How To: Win At Life (2 min.) – Combat Medic
202. Zombie Flamingos – Tuesday Randomness: Pictures from a Moving Car
203. The Joker – Jajabor, The Nomad
204. Day 307 – Daily Prompt – Immerce Me – Wrapped In Words – Matthew Tonks’ Twisted Roads of Madness
205. Devil Doll Musings – Drown
206. Immerse Yourself… – Angelin Veronica
207. Scarlett Sauvage – 75-Word Story: Gone
208. sugared remedies – Tiny Fawns Writings
209. Science Traveler – Pap of Glen Coe – the Bonny of Loch Leven
210. Where Will You Gather? – Pete Gardner Psalms
211. B_ live – Crazy in Creativity
212. Looking For It – Sunrise
213. Sunrise – Looking For It
214. Immerse(100WordStory) – LAW OF THE LETTER
215. Chinese noodles, anyone? – stitches and poems
216. poor haiku – freeing myself
217. Living the J.O.Y. Principle – Immerse – DP – 03/14/17
218. Success Inspirers World – Don’t live for the pain
219. Immerse – Allison’s Written Words
220. And then there was one – Don’t live for the pain
221. Live Another Day…. – Poem – Thunder Poet
222. ….on pets and prisoners….. – daily prompt: immerse
223. Immerse – Emotions That Matter.
224. Madeline Scribes – Learning independance through volunteering
225. The Abject Muse, aka SusanWritesPrecise – Delores’ Porch
226. Designer Sophisticate – Happy Pi Day!
227. Many farewells – Don’t hold your breath
228. Immerse – All About Writing and more
229. Frank Prem – The Sun Shines In On Your Books
230. Cimmerian Sentiment – #8 Blue Lagoon
231. Lantern Words – I’ll Immerse Myself
232. Lost Property Repository – The Pirate Captain: The Tavern Wench
233. I wrote a book. Now what? – TMI dude!