*Peeks up from under the covers* – who turned on the lights? What’s the big idea, bub? I’m trying to hibernate here you son of a……oh sorry, didn’t see you there! Allow me to put some pants on and I’ll be right with you!
*Several hours later*
Hey there my fun loving friends of the poetic realm.
It has been a while hasn’t it? Did you miss me? I missed you more than you can possibly imagine. Particularly if you have cake and wine 😉
Now let’s get down to brass tacks. I’ve moseyed on over to The Reverie again to see what prompt they have on offer and I found this one cooked up by Tamara over there about an invisible man…no officer, I haven’t been drinking, I assure you, I’m telling the truth – here is the link for proof:-
Those of you who know me and my modus operandi will be aware that when faced with a word challenge, I have to drink in all of them and spit them out into a poetic bubble. This time however, I think I will maintain the status quo (the status quo must be maintained!) and just use three that inspire me the most. That’s right, just three. Three lousy, stinking, no good, cotton picking, darn tooting, meagre little words……….gnnnnnnnnnnnnnaaahhhh! It’s no good – I can’t do it! I had to use them all – my poetry is a hungry beast after all, bearing in mind that its owner is also perpetually hungry too! Sorry Tamara but baby’s got to eat!
So for your viewing pleasure, he’s back, he’s bad, he’s a cheeky lad, he’s up to his old tricks, he’s – I don’t know where I’m going with this, is it too late to start over? No? You cruel beasts. Dangnammit all! Enjoy the poem and comments welcome! Now, make with the cake before I get really surly!
“Made Whole Again” by David Ellis
A puzzle is forming with precision,
its pieces unknown
Past echoes linger,
basking under the shadow
Of an unforgiving frozen sun
Estranged from a life
that ravenously thrives on change
Overwhelming a natural need
to be made whole again
Loss can cause us to want to forget
the special moments that were once shared
we become empty and scared
Yet by reminding ourselves we’re human,
to cherish all things
we can pull ourselves back from the brink
Outrageous courage should flourish
and be maintained at all times
Uncluttering our purpose
A singular vision begins to unfold
The concept no longer alien,
foreign, forbidden, fictional
We’re conquering new ground
breaking all the moulds
The more mysterious and bizarre
the situation is
The more our strength of character
should be used to dispel all evils
For we must fill the void
with sincerity, generosity and hope
Only then will we know which path to choose
No longer a faceless entity
Made whole again by love’s gentle touch
Well I hope that this piece had a positive effect on you 🙂
If you want to read more blog posts by my fellow WordPress brethren to inspire, rejuvenate you and make you feel more positive about yourself, click on the links below:-
1. The Wandering Poet – Endure..
2. Work for the Cause not the Applause – Explaining the why’s
3. unbolt – Immortality
4. unbolt – Broken Tan(‘)ka
5. Another Passer By – Its all in a meal
6. Re-springing my steps – Minutely Infinite
7. Daily Post: Re-springing Your Step – No Cloud Nine
8. ParkInkSpot – I was a geriatric plague-zombie
9. Thoughts of a crooked mind. – Entry for Daily Prompt
10. Vexing Point – Re-springing Your Step
11. Hope* the happy hugger – Re-spring, 2 things.
12. Chronicles of a Newbie Runner – My last race
13. Just Writing! – Addy and Hank
14. Passion through Poetry – Sound of the Sea
15. From Balderdash To Epiphany. – A Moment Of Refreshment
16. charlottesville winter – He Sings of Spring
17. thelonerose – Pretty Feet
18. Geek Ergo Sum – Re-springing your Step, or have a baby
19. MY LOST LEXICON – Re-springing & High spiriting with Anne Frank.
20. DIcognito Man – Sleep
21. Uncustomary Housewife – Is a Room Without a Fireplace a Room At All? Of Courseâ€¦ But.
22. See, there’s this thing called biology… – “Re-Springing Your Step”
23. Uncustomary Housewife – “Boogity, Boogity, Boogity, NASCAR.”
24. Larry Teaches School – What Would Grendel Do?
25. And When the Colors of Spring Return… – S. Thomas Summers: Writing with Some Ink and a Hammer
26. The Voice Of My Conscience… – A room without a roof!
27. delarnabryan101 – Im thinking… Im thinking…
28. thanks for letting me autograph your cat – Let Me Out Of This School NOW
29. Anton’s Ideas – Anne
30. Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss – Re-springing Your Step – matter and mind
31. Howl and Moan – Bounce
32. Random Musings – Tales from the crypt: The River Wild
33. The Lone Artist – Painting
34. Randomness Expressed – Fresh Love
35. Kim’s Blog – Refreshed, energized, and rejuvinated
36. Jenny Ahlers – Last Experience I had feeling Energetic
37. Sweat, Tears and Digital Ink – When You’re “In the Zone” as a Writer
38. HAPPY DAYS – Just enough.
39. Lexe Nilles – Feeling Rejuvenated
40. Inconsistent Expectations – Go Take a Shower
41. fitnessyogafreak – Nature’s Breath
42. WysJoyFul Company – Taking on the Vision and Stepping up the Dream!
43. susanrushton.net – How do you re-spring your step?
44. To Pursue Happiness – Hug a Tree – Re Spring Your Step
45. soul n spirit – Sangetser Lake: Nature’s Pride
46. Vanilla Bean – Mischief at the warf
47. Flowers and Breezes – At Each Sunrise
48. uncomfortably optimistic – Re-Springing My Step: IVF
49. Staggering Through Purgatory – The Crack of Thunder
50. All About Being Human – Daily Prompt Endurance Excercising, Meditating
51. The Cat Chronicles – Daily Feline Post: Re-Springing your Feline Step
52. SERENDIPITY – AT THE HEART OF THE MATTER
53. Larry Teaches School – Blood Puddle
54. I’m a Writer, Yes I Am – Tantalizing Opening to a Story
55. Alex James Wise – Re-springing Your Step.
56. Lady in Transition – Beep! Beep! Iâ€™m in a Hurry!
57. Rubies Corner’s Blog – I Cooked Four Hours Straight, and the Roast was Succulent, and the Mashed Potatoes were Lumpy.
58. Book Search Journey – Refreshed and rejuvenated- Daily Prompt
59. A Nameless Space – Need for Spring
60. He Said, “Tell me to Stop and I’ll Stop” – Shadowed
61. rpingaddict’s Blog – When the Body Wishes to be Heard
62. Needle at Sea Bottom …. – Blogging 101 – Make a prompt personal …
63. Razeea Hajat – Bonne AnnÃ©e!
64. the girl who thinks an awful lot – Sinulog Festival 2015: Lifting our faith and our feet in tune to the beat!
65. Pack Your Mat – Finding Freedom in Travel and Experience
66. My Life, the Tears… My Love and the Purpose… – Re-springing Your Step- Waiting for spring!
67. Dust off the Bookshelf… – Rejuvenating and Energizing
68. Emotional Fitness – HOW TO BEST HONOR DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR – HYPNOTIZING FORCE FOR GOOD
69. Julia’s Odyssey – Re-springing Your Step
70. Bohemian NERD* (*Never Ending Research Diva) – Daily Prompt (with Supplement): Re-springing Your Step
71. Fuse Views – Bicycle Again
72. small adventures, big life – The sun, a blanket, and a dog.
73. Musings of a Random Mind – going commando
74. The Real Atypical Italian Traveler – My Last Happy Day (In Response To The Daily Post Prompt)
75. All Things Cute and Beautiful – Being Rejuvenated!
76. wtf Am I On About Now? – Dancing in the clouds with a cyborg
77. Heart Cloud Blessings – Tree down in the storms … trampoline in the Woods .. inner children out to play
78. The Peridot Pixie – “Fresh, Energized, and Rejuvenated”-The Daily Post Prompt
79. To Wear A Rainbow – My Rejuvenation.
80. They, You and Me – Food for the Soul.
81. A Sober Head Full Of Confusion – Invisible But Invaluable
82. earth to kait – adventure.
83. Joe’s Musings – Re-springing Your Step – Daily Post – 19 Jan 2015
84. Now and Forever – Re-springing Your Step
85. Looking Write Back at You – Blogging 101: January is Planuary – Responding to the Daily Post
86. LÃ¶wland – Late night creativity
87. Paintings by Swav – Sunday catch up with myself, #mountain #walking
88. psychologistmimi – And then there were four states: Sunshine and gray skies in Appalachia as I become the boss
89. Emma eats Italian – This is what gives me energy
90. Perspectives On…. – Re-Spring Your Step with Some Dog Walkin’
91. INSPIRING MAX – Connecting With Naure
92. Refresh, Energize, and Rejuvenate – Kitt O’Malley
93. Knurpselknie – VerjÃ¼ngungskur
94. It still has its magic for me – My Future By Design
95. My Journey to Find Me – The Nebulous of My LIfe
96. A Scotsman in Suburbia – Resprung boing, boing
97. Amy Schakes – Through the Fog
98. Prayers and Promises – Worship – It’s More Than a Song
99. I Still Believe |
100. writingindevizes – Reviving mindfull Monday: 42 commandments for life etc.: lucky 13: Find serenity in gardening today
101. The Healthy Secret Identity – Re-springing your step
102. Lady Tie Di’s Emporium of Eclectic Thoughts – A heavy duty spring…
103. Wander Woman – Bird Song and Carillon Bells on Easter Morning
104. thewellroundedlifeblog – Re-springing My Step…
105. Controlled Dissonance – Sweat
106. Tara Jane Koch – 3 Days to a Spring-ier Step 🙂
107. iCaspar – Letter to American Christians
108. Julie Powell – Graphic Artist – Sailaway…………….into Bliss
109. Waiting on a Word – Re-springing Your Step
110. Mackneen_The Algerian Goldfinch – Daydream: El Capitan, Yosemite|It’s Refreshing
111. A lot from Lydia – Happiness Is:
112. Pat’s Random Thoughts – Has My Step Been Re-Sprung?
113. Remember When We Thought This Was A Good Idea – Uncharted Territory
114. lifelessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra-Brown – Home from the Sea
115. The Gad About Town – ‘I Like the Sunrise’
116. Virginia’s World – It’s Okay to Cry
117. What does nelkumi think? ãã‚‹ãã¿ã®é ã®ä¸ – leap
118. it’s a nice little wine – It’s a walk in the park
119. Spring in my Step – thehouseofbailey
120. Blogger Diversity – Renewal
121. Memoirs of a wandering mind – Joys of Travel
122. A Word Adventure – Re-springing Your Step ~ Conqueror
123. QWERTYness – Re-Springing Six Steps
124. A Simple Life – Imagination Recharged
125. Try More Than Once – Almost forgot my Spring
126. Warrior Freya – Prompt Page 0013: Re-springing Your Step
127. the beespeak – A Fresh Coat of Paint (Be Creative)
128. Prodigy – Contrast
129. Green Wolf Pack – The Windy City
130. helen meikle’s scribblefest – Daily prompt: Sun, sand and surf…
131. Teal Dragon Quilts – Fresh and New
132. My Trysts With Reality – Dance It Out
133. Kompilasi Perkara Yogi Saputro – One Day Hiking di Manglayang Tersayang
134. Rejoice, Beloved – A Dozen Good Years of Genuine Biblical Joy
135. The Trying Chronicles – The Road from Hating to Co-existing
136. Beyond Panic – You Might Not Like It
137. justalatenightthought – Smiles and Surprises
138. Basically Beyond Basic – Re-springing Your Step
139. Anton’s Ideas – OUR VICTORY
140. SandCastle – My Fleeting English Winter
141. Exploring Everything ~~~~~~~ Discover a new world for your Family – Home Education. Teaching from home, group meets and public adventures!
142. itsokaytobelostsometimes – a change in location (day nineteen)
143. Bits and Pieces – Blogging 101 Writing Prompt: “Re-springing Your Step.”
144. Rita Online – Appreciating Where You’re At
145. Awake & Dreaming – Re-springing Your Step
146. I Am Not Sick Boy – WELCOME BACK MY DEAR FRIEND
147. The ‘Pen’lightenment of the soul – Retail magic !
148. æ—¥å®‰ï¼Œä¸–ç•Œ – ä¸–ç•Œå¤ªç¾Žï¼Œæ€Žèƒ½æž¯åè¾¦å…¬å®¤å¯«ç¨‹å¼ï¼Ÿ
149. From our home … to yours – Re-springing Your Step
150. Test The Cards Promotion – Things Drive Me Momentarily
151. Scrapydodog – Re-springing Your Step. DAILY PROMPT
152. lrod’s Blog – The Project
153. Luna’s Universe – Living the Dark – Spring in the Winter of September
154. The Temenos Journal – A Fleck In the Plaid
155. Embracing Uncertainty – Hot Belly Diet
156. Myrealjourney – A clanging cymbal
157. Simply Complicated – Re- springing..!!
158. Raspberry’s Daydreams – Finding that Bounce in the New Year
159. ladyleemanila – Re-springing my Step
160. One Salty Kiss – A Spring In My Step
161. Traveller on a Mission – The joy of Russian banya
162. BT.X – The day I drink too much
163. to kill a mockingnerd – re-energized through exertion: a paradox?
164. Lorie’s Learning Log – Letting the River Run
165. Exploring New Media – The Last Thing I Did That Made Me Feel Rejuvenated
166. QWERTYness – Re-Springing 10,000 Steps
167. 365 Questions – January 19th: “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, what are you doing for others?” MLK, Jr.
168. Philfilling Life – Challenge Coin
169. The Art of This n’ That – To whack or not to whack? That is the question.
170. QWERTYness – Re-Springing Another Six
171. Uisce – The Medicinal Waters of Llandrindod Wells #blogging101
172. Corn Stalks & City Blocks – Refreshed
173. “Pay, pack and follow.” – Going Solo
174. Making it write – HER WILD BOAR WOOD ADVENTURE
175. Transformation Synergy – Respring Your Dancing Step
176. The Trying Project – Korean Spas
177. Apparently a Mom – Relax, Have a Cup Cake.
178. Building Better Partnership… – Feeling Rejuvenated
179. Niki’s Thoughts – Daily Prompt – Re-springing Your Step
180. Always Expressive – Herself: the Power in Empowerment
181. This is my blog – Energy
182. An Aspiring Writer – “Re-springing Your Step”